A big welcom Mrs B from us all, I'm sorry can not help all i remember is  a dance school  some where on Clumber St and shoe shops; shoe shops and more shoe shops. One more shop i remember is "MAYS" the jewellery shop. History (my mum had her engagement ring from there)  things go around don't they as I also brought my engagement ring from there. I will rephase that (it was master who brought the ring)  plus when mum had her ring year 1935 they gave you a china tea service with it. When i had my ring (a few years later)  1965 you were allso given a china tea service.  I   have mums but what happened to mine,? well thats another story,

ps Was JJ shoes facing the Gingham kitchen?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Belated thanks Cliff Ton.... did download one of your pics before Photobucket turned into ransomware.   Anyway, thinking back, I wonder what hygiene rating out of 5 the Old Dutch would have

What a small world and lovely to see the interior now. Thurland st '1977/78 used to be called La Buca Italian restaurant. My husband bought it from the old Dutch cafe. With very little money he threw

Here are the photos of La Buca ex old Dutch.. 76/77 looking towards Natwest building.

@MRS B  I liked your story about your old flame that you met on your hen night!  have you seen him since then?  (Just as a friend of course)

Hi Margie H

Strangely enough I actually ended up working with him many years later.

what goes around, comes around eh!

Mrs B

There’s some really interesting old photos on the Nottingham Live website of Clumber Street if you just google Clumber Street Nottingham. Including the jewellers who gave out free sets of china.

As I recall, you used to have to go up a little alley to get to the Peppermill.

MrsB

19 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

If I remember correctly, Mary, all that faced the Gingham Kitchen was a brick wall: the back of the building that once housed Ford's.

Hi Jill must addmit can not remember Fords being near or around Clumber St. The only fords that i can remeber was on Broad St Nottm. The Dance school did it go on to be The Hippo night club. Going back to Gingham Kit, to-day going down Clumber St and were HSBC Bank is , was the Gingham kit along that road and facing it was a shoe shop at the time i remember it was JJ 's am i right.

Just looked at pics which CliffTon has put on and where the Subway is that is where I thought the Gingham Kitchen used to be. Can any member correct me  please if i'm wrong. 

ps just put it down to an age thing,