What was in YOUR sandwich?

Excellent response Trevor S............. !clapping! , how could you possibly know something so obscure as Sheesh?...............................not courtesy of Mr Google by any cahnce?

Would he find a 'cahnce' on Google at all?

Oh dear. :)

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can understand anyone who has never had a life threatening illness not wanting to spend money experimenting on what may or may not be a waste of money, but there are some of us out there who are liv

My Cholesterol is within safe limits without statins ! 

For those of you who don't like the taste of Benecol, it is a matter of personal taste because I do like it, otherwise I would not buy it. For instance, as for expense, compared to a bottle of wine or

Would he find a 'cahnce' on Google at all?

Oh dear. :)

Stu, it's an anagram....................................................all the right letters, not neccesarily in the right order, 'bout time we got a 'smell chucker' on this wobsyte!!

Same to you Stu, & all other Nottstalgians, even the Lurkers!!

A very Merry Christmas & a Happy, Healthy & Prosperous New Year...................hope to get to a meet up in 2013, God willing.

The trouble with speel chuckers is that they don't recognise corect spelling of words such as realise and recognise. They would have you change to the incorrect transpondian version of the words.

Paulus, re your post #175..................Spot on! Threw the word at the worlds tertiary education forum and it came up with several topics on sheese. Never knew or even heard of it before so I thank you for causing me to broaden my meagre knowledge.

Merry Christmas everyone.......................................................................

i love banana sandwiches with a little bit of raspberry jam on the bread before slicing the banana.

i too like a crisp sandwich but only like ready salted crisps prefibly daves home made ones but he dont do them very often now.

Breakfast today: A cup of tea and a double bread and dripping sandwich with lots of salt and pepper Slurp, lovely

• Upvote 2
  • 2 years later...

I'm not chancing a cob made by a faggot !!!!

Not really a sandwich but today when going to visit another quarry site I stopped at a butchers called Hargraves in Pinchbeck and had a chees,bacon and tomato "pasty" for want of a better word,it was made from puff pastry and was hot,bloody lovely it were too, gonna have a go at making my own this week

Rog

I used to love a three course lunch in Australia, hot fresh meat pie and two cold tinnies of beer.

• Upvote 1

I had a bag of Tyrell's hand cooked crisps for me dinner today. Here's a tip: Don't buy 'em, they're rubbish.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 years later...
On 16 December 2012 at 10:38 PM, Bubblewrap said:

Brie?

Oooooooo get you "would you like some Brie on your crackers?"

Today for my pack up I had baked meat loaf (that's what it said on the packet looked like haslet to me) on Kingsmill 50/50 with Flora light spread on one side & devilish tomato & chilli relish on the other .... Bootiful!

Had a Pita bread sandwich today.  The bread is made like a little purse so you put your stuff in and it can't fall out and get snapped up by a dog.  Ham, cheese onion and lettuce all put together by Mrs. L.  Pretty good!  Also a little Bean salad.  Now for some music.  :biggrin:. I mean organ practise!  I don't know what you were thinking.  :rolleyes:

Sausage,bacon and egg on small white slices with English butter and HP brown, well I was celebrating it being Tuesday  slywink

Rog

• Like 2

I have progressed from bread and lard (Don't laugh, I used to take this dahn pit as an apprentice) to the more sophisticated type of sandwich that includes egg and cress, cheese & tomato & other such delicacies.

Compo, my dad who worked at the local colliery for years always took bread and dripping and bread and jam in his snap tin as he said it was the only types of sandwich that didn't sweat (cheese) or go soggy in the heat of the seam he usually worked on.

[Not the four Yorkshire men sketch]....I couldn't afford dripping so I had to make do with lard and lots of salt and pepper.  Thinking back - I must have been living on the poverty line.  Had a young child and a smoking, drink-problem wife as well as being a smoker myself at the time.  I was on an apprentice wage which in itself was not good but when my wife had been drinking heavily it fell to me to see to the youngster, which cost me time at work, so I often used to be extra short in my pay packet.  Makes yer think duntit?!

• 3 weeks later...

On my visit to Nottingham I had lunch at the Pitcher and Piano in the Lace Market. It was a thick slice of bread with 3 cheeses and ham, grilled, then a fried egg on top. Blooming tasty. 

• Like 1