What was in YOUR sandwich?

42 minutes ago, carni said:

Exactly catfan, I agree totally. Your reason is exactly why I asked to come off the Statin.

After my heart attack I was prescribed 90mg Atorvastatin, result, awful frozen shoulder. I stopped taking them & the frozen shoulder dissapeared. Spoke to cardiologist about it & he was doubtful but reduced the dosage to 10mg, then got muscle pain in both forearms, binned em, no more muscle pain.

Recent spell in hospital, awful muscle pain in forearms, realised then thay had sneaked my statin back in, spoke to the doctor & I  insisted no more statins, no muscle pain since.

I rest my case.

NB. I found Atortvastatin much worse than Simvastatin.

• Like 1
  • Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can understand anyone who has never had a life threatening illness not wanting to spend money experimenting on what may or may not be a waste of money, but there are some of us out there who are liv

My Cholesterol is within safe limits without statins ! 

For those of you who don't like the taste of Benecol, it is a matter of personal taste because I do like it, otherwise I would not buy it. For instance, as for expense, compared to a bottle of wine or

1 hour ago, catfan said:

NB. I found Atortvastatin much worse than Simvastatin.

Very sorry but I seem to have made a mistake with the way I have entered this post, and don't know how to amend it. Cliff TON. HELP.

If you scroll down, my post is about a mile down the page?

SORTED

1 hour ago, catfan said:

NB. I found Atortvastatin much worse than Simvastatin

That is the one that caused me all the pain Miducks.

I was on 40mg Simvastatin from 2005. Last year after my 2nd heart ablation procedure in Nov, I had two mini strokes and the doc changed me to 40mg Atorvastatin to try to bring my CH down from 4.2 to below 4. That is where I started to go downhill with arm pain. I couldn't stand it any longer so, after consultation, I am now on 10mg. No pain, just hoping for low result next week?

Carni that was brilliant ;)

No-one has ever created such a large expanse of white space before. I was tempted to leave it as some kind of decorative feature for people to admire.

But it might result in a thread about "my computer isn't working properly; I can't see any words".

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Cliff Ton said:

Carni that was brilliant ;)

No-one has ever created such a large expanse of white space before.

I blame the statins - reduce the dose again.

• Like 3

Just got back from my cycle ride, for about half an hour it felt like spring and then...........It went all 'Black over Bills Mothers'.

Haha, Thank you CliffTon. There's always one.:biggrin: Don't know what I did, but hope I don't do it again.

Brilliant bit of white space LL. By the time I found my post again, I had already forgotten what it was about :wacko:...........and them as dint see it wunt as known what we were on abaaht any road up. Oops I drifted back into Nottingamian for a bit then!

Our CliffTon sorted it for me.:biggrin:

• Like 1
4 hours ago, carni said:

That is the one that caused me all the pain Miducks.

I was on 40mg Simvastatin from 2005. Last year after my 2nd heart ablation procedure in Nov, I had two mini strokes and the doc changed me to 40mg Atorvastatin to try to bring my CH down from 4.2 to below 4. That is where I started to go downhill with arm pain. I couldn't stand it any longer so, after consultation, I am now on 10mg. No pain, just hoping for low result next week?

I've been on Simvastatin for 20 years, a few years ago at my annual review the doc said he had changed my dosage from 10 mg. to 40mg. All my readings were almost textbook so I asked Why the increase? Apparently some dictat (d***)(T***) from the health service had decided that everyone should be on 40mg. My total Cholesterol was 4.2 I agreed that I would accept 20mg. which took it someway below 4. I had to sign a form to say I had declined  a 40mg. dose. How can a person in Whitehall decide that everyone taking Simvastatin should be prescribed 40mg. dosage?

• Like 1

Dave, Pleased to read that your CH is below 4, that sounds good to me. Perhaps the powers that be believe that 40mg is the dose that gets the best results? I will know on Wednesday whether my drop to 10mg is enough to lower the CH. I am feeling apprehensive because If it is not low enough they might want to up my dose. 

12 minutes ago, davep5491 said:

I've been on Simvastatin for 20 years, a few years ago at my annual review the doc said he had changed my dosage from 10 mg. to 40mg. All my readings were almost textbook so I asked Why the increase? Apparently some dictat (d***)(T***) from the health service had decided that everyone should be on 40mg. My total Cholesterol was 4.2 I agreed that I would accept 20mg. which took it someway below 4. I had to sign a form to say I had declined  a 40mg. dose. How can a person in Whitehall decide that everyone taking Simvastatin should be prescribed 40mg. dosage?

Drug company profits, back handers etc etc .

• Like 1

A lot of the backroom people in the NHS have to justify their jobs at the expence of more Doctors,Nurses and other ward staff

Rog

• Like 2

Same stuff with blood pressure readings.  Used to be 120/80 was considered normal.  Now apparently that is too high.

Years ago some doctors apprentice decided mine was too high and prescribed some expensive junk that made me dizzly and depressed.  I'd only been to see him because I had a persistent cough.   Idiot dr. Said, maybe you're just not used to lower BP.  I could have slugged him, but I just walked out, never to return.  That diagnosis cost me more money on travel insurance and generally more grief.  Why can't they accept the fact that we are all different and don't necessarily fall within their parameters.  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

I was prescribed statins I went into town on the tram and didnt think I was going to get home I felt like I was 90 with shoulder pains legs like lead  All the people I have spoken to all gave the same symptons as myself  I stopped them at once and returned to my normal self  Doctors deny these effects on statins  The drug makers are on a fortune with them  The nurse said oh well you could have a stroke then someone would have to look after you  I replied I could walk out of here and get knocked down by a bus life is pot luck anyway  meeowed

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I've said on another topic, if you get side effects, then either change them for a less harmful one, or just plain stop, and try another method.

A guy I worked with at Attenborough quarry always took Sardines and jam sandwiches to work,I don't mean seperately I mean on the same sandwich

Rog

• Like 1

Also worked with a guy at Bunny who only ever took bread sandwiches to work and I knew him for 18 years, bread sandwich= two slices of bread and butter with a slice of bread inbetween

Rog

1 hour ago, Missjacnotts said:

Usually cheese, I am partial to a banana sandwich though.

Banana....That's my husband's favourite sandwich!   Not mine, I like butcher's ham.. not that rubbery, wet stuff that comes prepackaged

Has no one mentioned Lyles Golden Syrup? On thick crusty bread it's delicous, which is probably why I only have half my real teeth.

• Like 1