Well done Notts

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Early days and Notts have won 3 out of 4 games, putting them in third place, keep it up lads.

Excellent win in the dying seconds today, arguably against the run of play against Grimsby.

Not quite so good yesterday but one win from last two games will make certain, I don't think it will come to that though? whilst 4 of the 5 below Notts could overtake them it would take 2 of them to win their remaining games and Notts to lose both theirs, even another draw should see them ok as goal diff a lot better, Were I the manager (well I did offer!) first thing I'd do is make the players wear watches! or put up a bloody great clock about 20ft in diameter, the number of points lost late on is a joke! If worst comes to worst though will be nice to win the second div again next year, assuming they don't do a Mansfailed and finish up like them!

You have noticed our last two games are away to Milton Keynes Dons (After a play off spot!) and Brighton (Champions of the league !!) I know it's hard for us to go down , but it ain't that hard !!

And Brighton still haven't forgiven us over a certain Wembley game! plus if anyone thinks well as champions they don't need a win remember what Notts were doing this time last year, in a similar but different situation recall one season (1991/2) where Notts already relegated and Luton came last game of season needing a win to stay up, some prat supporter of theirs came in a Notts area with like a 4 ft high hat on bearing the words "Luton, staying up", at end of game he threw it on the floor the score being Notts County 2 Luton 1 AND this was the Notts team "too good to go down"

teamManager:- Neil Warnock

1. Steve Cherry

2. Charlie Palmer

3. Dean Thomas

4. Craig Short

5. Chris Short

6. Mark Draper

7. Andy Williams

8. Paul Harding

9. Tony Agana

10. Rob Matthews

11. Kevin Wilson * sub

Sub: Paul Devlin *58

Sub not used: Michael Johnson

One of the best days of my life !!

And good old Tony Agana, super striker , cough, cough, cough, cough, !!!sickly.gif

One of the best days of my life !!

Assume you mean the Brighton game? mind you the year before wasn't bad v Tranmere, went on official bus to that, no drinking on such (not really!) none the year after though as drove down in old van, me and son plus his mates in back, had to bump start it on way there then do same in wembley car park to get home, but once going never missed a beat there and back, was a nervy game with one of "the nobos" (worst shirt sponsor name ever?) hitting the post before Tommy Johnson winning that corner that never was then his goal from such

You forget Dave Regis putting the ball in with his chest !!!

On the way home our "Bartons" bus suffered a bust windscreen, we had the choice, sit at the side of the M1 for hours waiting to get a repair or new bus to us , or 'persuade' ( bribe) the driver to drive on . After copious amounts of coats hats and gloves were placed on his personage he drove us back to Meadow Lane. I and a couple of others were holding the roof ventilators down 'cause they kept blowing open and threatening to tear themselves off !!

I had a gig that night at Catchems Corner with none other than Chris Ashley who you may or may not know is a Brighton fan . The regulars knew that there was this great (freindly) rivalry between us and had told their mates , and the pub was packed !!! I've never felt so elated to have that many people cheering for me and not Chris for once (I was always his stooge) One of the regulars had even made me a cake shaped like a footy pitch and it was iced with the score line too (I even got a fiver off Chris in to the bargain , the result of a wager of a 'coin of the realm ' His expression not mine !!

• 2 weeks later...

Re the title, I guess it should read Well Done Southampton, Peterborough and a certain Gordon Greer but main thing is Notts survived, Hard to access Martin Allen given the season they've had esp after that Prat Wince messed about for 5 months, just glad he never got a penny paid after he went. Surprised no one has commented on Forest reaching the play off's? So credit where it's due, Well Done Forest! they certainly seem to have timed it right? Lets hope it's not a repeat of the previous attempts.

• 2 months later...

County , County , top of the league, County , top of the league!!

I wonder (Hope) I'll be able to say that at the end of the season !!

I've been listening on BBC Radio Cumbria and I can safely say that I've never heard such a biased commentator in my life , you know what I mean, every Notts County player should have been sent off / flooged/ imprisoned. All the goals were offside/ results of fouls (Even the own goal!) We must get better than this and I'm sure we'll win at Oldham in the cup etc etc etc

Although at the final whistle he did actually admit Notts were the best team on the day , and were well deserved of their win!!

I recall Notts beating Leicester 4-0 away first day one season when both were in the first division Leicester having just been promoted, "Baptism of fire" etc read the national headlines, end of season Leicester stayed up Notts relegated! :angry:

Well that lead didn't last long !!

County getting battered at the moment (I've managed to hack in and am watching it live !!)

• 4 weeks later...