Well done Notts

Notts have hauled themselves into a heck of a good position with their recent consistent form and tight defence. Without tempting fate, it would be a brave person that wagered on them not getting promoted now. The team has had some advantages put their way during the turbulent Munto period, in terms of playing talent added but I think credit should be given for the way they have soldiered on from a very sticky time on and off the pitch into such a strong position.

If, and again I'm not wishing to tempt fate, nor disrespect their promotion rivals, they gain promotion, it will be interesting to see how they cope with certain highly paid players potentially having to be let go, as is regularly hypothesised by the pundits.

Good luck to Notts, the main thing is that they are on a roll right now and look a very difficult team to beat.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Early days and Notts have won 3 out of 4 games, putting them in third place, keep it up lads.

Excellent win in the dying seconds today, arguably against the run of play against Grimsby.

To their credit, Notts never looked like losing, and this piece of footage shows the effort that I waxed lyrically about !! It also shows (Again in my opinion) that Rodgers was harshly treated!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_3/8560744.stm

I have given SWMBO big moo cow eyes to see if she can wangle her shifts so as to have Easter Monday off (She's already got the week before off whilst I'm off playing with the aeroplanes !!) and she works every Saturday so I might be giving the moo cow eyes to Grandma and Grandpa too!!

Hopefully we would be able to keep hold of Davies and Rodgers , Hughes can go for a good fee along with Akinbyi, just a shame we would have to lose Schmeichal

Thanks for that, pity they missed out the two disallowed goals.

Why the sending off, just a bit of pushing, shoving and no doubt a bit of swearing between a couple of professionals, so what, you can't do owt these days.

I remember playing in a preliminary County Cup round for Highcliffe FC against Cinderhill Colliery, 1967. Their right back, a nasty piece of work, had me marked down from the start, well I was only a skinny 16 year old at the time, playing in a team of 25 somethings. After 10 minutes he nearly broke my leg, and no doubt intended to, I thought I was dead, couldn't walk properly for a week afterwards. What happened next, the ref never said a thing to him, I continued to limp about the pitch, but our hard men centre halves said they'd get him, they did, he was carried off on a stretcher, was owt said, nahhhh, all part of the game, thats the way it was in them days, rightly or wrongly.

We won 6-1 incidentally, my mere limping, inactive presence clearly influenced the result, well I had been mentioned in the Football Post after I'd scored the opener in the previous round, my only moment of sporting fame, I relive it every time I watch Match of the Day, 'Promising Career destroyed by Notts Miner', no chance, lets face it, I was crap.

Hmmm, having seen my son with both the bones in his right leg snapped at the calf by a reckless tackle and laying on the grass for half an hour waiting for an ambulance and in QMC still in his kit and unwashed for 3 days (I kid you not) not sure I can look at these things so lightly? His operation was I think an "odd one"? they took off his kneecap and put a steel rod inside down to the ankle, and all he had was a 4" scar on his knee about 6 stitches and no bruising, however off work 6 months hopping around, AND played again once fit

0-0 away to Bradford tonight, not the best result we could have hoped for but it was better than a defeat.

Luke Rodgers had his red card rescinded and he played tonight, me thinks there' a red faced ref out there somewhere!!!

(I mean if I could see he did nothing wrong and I was about 70 yards further away than the ref ..........!!!)

it's another game less to lose! based on this season so far we should finish up on 83 points? (23 won 14 drawn 8 lost) which will be enough esp with 55+ goal difference! as I said "based so far" but I reckon win 5 out of 11 and we are up

Another win under our belts . We left it a bit late but beat Rotherham 1-0 , Rodgers scoring in the 90th minute !!. With both Rodgers and Huges managing to get booked after !!

Went to the game yesterday. Notts had most of the first half and several early chances - two of which Rogers hit the woodwork with. Rotherham shaded the second half I thought. More of the 'football' was played by Rotherham to be fair with a neater passing style whilst Notts had plenty of endeavour and got the tackles in there. The Magpies tended towards long punts up to Rogers and Hughes which with Rogers being the smallest player on the pith was not that effective.

Finally it had to be that man Rogers again as he had looked the man most likely all afternoon. He was booked for taking his shirt off celebrating after sticking it into the net. Hughes had been on a bit of a wind up mission with one or two players and the crowd previously but I'm not sure what he was booked for. After the final whistle a Rotherham fan jumped onto the pitch from the Jimmy Sirrel Stand and despite several Rotherham players trying to deter him, attempted to get to Hughes. He was finally restrained, mainly by the stewards, and in what seemed an age later, by the police.

A great three points for Notts and deserved over the ninety minutes I'd say. Notts however didn't impress me as a club on a charge for promotion. There was too little getting the ball down and playing it and a bit too much 'route one' stuff for me. Full marks for effort though and in Hughes and Rogers up front they look a dangerous side that has goals in it.

I said 5 wins and we're up, it's now 4 from 10 and we've 5 home games, so far we've won 11 from 18 at home and 8 from 18 away plus (to date), 2 games in hand and 3 points clear plus 32 goal diff advantage over all teams below us

Games to play

Sat 3 H Bury

Mon 5 A Shrewsbury

Sat 10 A Northampton

Tue 13 H Lincoln City

Sat 17 H Morecambe

Tue 20 H Rochdale

Sat 24 A Port Vale

Tue 27 A Darlington

May

Sat 1 H Cheltenham

Sat 8 A Torquay United

I turned on to the BBC sports page to see how Notts were going on (No radio coverage of the match today for some reason) 1-0 up when first look , I come on here and have a quick look for less than 10 minutes land we're 4-0 up come on Notts.

Superb win for Notts. A 2-0 defeat at Chesterfield for Rochdale means that Notts are now just seven points adrift with a game in hand. On current form you wouldn't put it past The Magpies to catch up on the division leaders would you?

I've just been trying to explain to SWMBO that we can still win the league , we need to beat Rochdale at home though and hope they get a draw somewhere , then there's just the minor task of us winnig the other 8 games !!

We're almost certainly up now though , I'm going to Port Vale , (Can't get to Shrewesbury on Monday as SWMBO is working and the in laws are away so I ain't got a baby sitter !!

I'd not noticed that Rochdale had dropped the points to Bournemouth that we needed. Now we just have to beat them at Meadow lane and win the one in hand then just match them for the rest of the season (Still a tall order, but 'do able')

I think Notts are the form team and I reckon they will go up as Champions. What a great achievement that would be after slipping so far back off the pace earlier in the season!

1-0 to Notts and good old Torquay and Lincoln do us massive favours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And to cap a fine hour on a Saturday afternoon, I had first and fourth in "The Grand National" !!!!!

Be great if we were to get the promotion against Rochdale at home and then assure ourselves of the title away at Port Vale ('cause I'll be there!!)

I think Torquay have just handed Notts the title now, I just hope Rochdale have had the stuffing knocked out of them today. I am sure Notts will go on and win the title, I can feel it in my water!!

Owdtite.... thumbsup