Well done Notts

Nevertheless, as a follow up to my post #119...delighted for Craig Short, who's appointment ahead of the 'Managerial Roundabout' gang was to be commended.

Trust they draw a big gun in the next round, both for the challenge and the dosh...

Cheers

Robt P.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Early days and Notts have won 3 out of 4 games, putting them in third place, keep it up lads.

Excellent win in the dying seconds today, arguably against the run of play against Grimsby.

• 4 weeks later...

Notts scrape an unexpected away win at much fancied Peterborough United tonight.

Final result 3-2 to the Magpies

(In the previous 18 encounters, home and away, Posh have won 10, Notts just 2!!!)

A bit of a rarity this . Notts have had a player sent off in 3 consecutive games, more than they had sent off in the whole of last season!

A bit of a rarity this . Notts have had a player sent off in 3 consecutive games, more than they had sent off in the whole of last season!

And a mass brawl at the end of the match.....Shades of the Pete Russell days!!!

At least they are climbing up the table, thats all that counts!!

Owdtite.

• 4 weeks later...

Well the Maggies do it again. From the jaws of victory we manage to snatch defeat!!

1-0 up away to Colchester only to run out losers 2-1 (Again) I think they forget a match is for 90 minutes and not 80

• 2 months later...

Home tie against either Leicter City (Local de*rby so should be a good crowd) or Manchester City , so again should be a good little 'earner' . At the moment Man City are 2-1 up.

A bit of a lack of enthusiasm about this pretty sensational victory, I stayed up for the highlights and thought Hughes winner was a gem. Good on the Tricky Reds as well.

A home tie against probably Man City could hopefully be a repeat of the famous victory against Everton in the League Cup all those years ago, except that Les won't be playing!!

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back home , and I'd love to be able to say "We wuz robbed" "We should have had a penalty here , a free kick there" but to be honest , it was the best reffed game I've seen for years ,well done to the officials.

I hope we get the same set for the replay at Eastlands in a couple of weeks.

Notts game has just been called off for a waterlogged pitch , with us one nil up, having taken the lead with a 35 yard belter that sadly will no longer count!! (Mind you it is pissing it down raining heavily round here)

Waterlogged pitch! load of nancies! seen Gordon Mair still belting down the wing in waist high water, and Linton getting a booking for building a wall of snow to defend his goal. plus playing a night match in fog without floodlights

• 2 weeks later...

Well we certainly weren't 5 goals worse, regardless of what the record books will show !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!yada.gifthumbsdown

Yes watched it on the box, It strikes me half if not more of any football team can be shall we say average? so long as you have goal scorers up front? Man City looked nothing till they scored, then they went good and we if not bad lost heart? Guess it depends on the opposition, half the reason Notts and in particular Hughes not doing so well in this division. That said if they play like that in the league there should be no worries? Watched Crawley yesterday too, very impressed with a defender of theirs, MacFadzean, was at Alfreton Town for years, could walk straight into a Notts team and improve it

1-0 against Charlton was better than I expected , Well done Notts County!!

Just watched it in the pub, then followed it up with a £40 win at 3 card brag!!, great night out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!