Well done Notts

Yep....but what a lovely sight seeing thousands of Forest " fans " scuttling back in when they heard that they had scored!! That about sums them up.....fickle

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Early days and Notts have won 3 out of 4 games, putting them in third place, keep it up lads.

Excellent win in the dying seconds today, arguably against the run of play against Grimsby.

Yes, well done, another fine win, but we knew it was not going to be enough. That said is it a blessing in disguise? had Notts won the play off's I doubt good enough at present for div 1? so back down again, had they lost in the play offs the disruption and disappointment would have gone into next season, esp so if they lost in the final, (remember Bradford?) Assuming Curle doesn't do anything daft off pitch, or gets poached he seems to be the man we've needed? had he been there all season who knows? Champions? anyway there's hope next season!

ps just watching that scouse git Gerard, never seen anyone pull faces and whinge and whine as much as him,lol

Disappointed to see Notts just miss out - a valiant effort. Apparently promotion would have been worth a cool £4 a year to them.

Bad luck Magpies.

Have to concur with what's been said, the top 5 have all been miles better than us, and we'd have been tonked in the playoffs !!

Shame Florist didn't get relegated though , it would have been nice to have played them in our 150th anniversary year!

Proud of the lads' effort today....if only they won against Bury a couple of weeks ago!! Roll on next season and automatic promotion......!

It was good to have a performance like that , in front of the dozen or so Juventus fans who made a special trip to Meadow Lane on saturday.....

" It's just like watching Juve "

Roll on the pre season 'freindly' against them ! (As long as it's still on , I haven't heard of a date/time yet.

Apparently, Notts are having a meeting with Juventus next week regarding the friendly....watch this space!

• 5 weeks later...

Congratulations to Notts County who celebrated their 150th Anniversary yesterday. They had, among others, County favourite's Les Bradd and Don Masson joining the party. As well as the low times there have been many great times. Years ago I used to take my kids to the County ground on a Sunday night where they had a 'Family Night'. My kids used to love it. The DJ always knew which records would get everyone dancing and on certain songs everyone on the dance floor did the same steps and actions. I can remember one Sunday night everybody was happy because County had played at Wembley and won promotion. Later on in the night there was a bit of a commotion at the door and I thought there was a fight or something. What it was in fact was Neil Warnock with all the County players. The place went mad with everyone cheering the team and singing the County songs. Some of the players got up onto the tables and danced (sort of...lol) and led the cheers and singing. It was a fantastic night and also great that the Manager and his team should pop into the Club to be with their fans.

I was in the Meadow Club for one of those "Post Match Promotion Parties" The one after we'd beaten Tranmere.

The following year (After we beat Brighton) I had to go to 'work' !! Mind you it wasn't all bad, I was working with Chris (The Mouth) Ashley, who was a big Brighton fan, at Catchems Corner in Basford. It of course turned into a big p**5 take of Chris that went on to the wee small hours , Margaret , (the land lady, ad Chris's wife) was not renowned for having a lock in so we made the most of that one !!

• 8 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...