1 hour ago, woody said:

It's nice to be important but more important to be nice.

I love that saying - my mum wrote that in my autograph book, which I still have btw

• Like 1
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll give you a bit of good advice, if you want a great time,meet some fantastic people and be sure of a warm welcome,  come to a Nottstalgia meetup   Rog

It were Mark Twain what sed it. Ah see y'all tekkin 'is advice. Apart from the bombastic bit. 

Hear all, see all, say nowt, Eat all, drink all, pay nowt. It's a long time remember from January to December So hear all, see all, say nowt, Eat all, sup all, pay nowt And if ever thy doe

My old Mum wrote: 

'Make new friends but keep the old..

One is Silver.. the other is Gold'.

• Like 2

Years ago I had two pieces of advice given to me which I thought were irrelevant. The first was from my secondary school history master who said; the future is never what you expect it to be. The second, ten years later regarding a specific situation, was from my Dad who said; don't get married.

In truth the veracity of the first covered the events following the second. :-(

When promulgating your esoteric cogitations or articulating your superficial sentimentalities and amicable, philosophical or psychological observations, beware of platitudinous ponderosity.

Let your conversational communications demonstrate a clarified conciseness, a compact comprehensibleness, devoid of coalescent conglomerations of preciose garrulity, jejune bafflement and asinine affectations. Ensure that your extemporaneous verbal evaporations have lucidity, intelligibility and veracious vivacity without rondomontade or thespian bombast. Sedulously eschew all polysyllabic profundity, pompous propensity, psittaceous vacuity, ventriloqual verbosity and vaniloquent vapidity.

Shun double entendre, obnoxious jocosity and pestiferous profanity, observable or apparent.

• Like 2

Eel swallow summat soon wen e gets is chops bust ! 

Must be a Bestwood estate lad Trogg...........like what me and yo is.............but i'll never shun double entendre.............lol.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Always take a risk. You might not get a second chance !

I'll give you a bit of good advice, if you want a great time,meet some fantastic people and be sure of a warm welcome,  come to a Nottstalgia meetup

Rog

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 years later...

Never tie your shoelace in a revolving door ! OR, never, ever pick up the soap in a prison shower ! :rolleyes:

Didn't they have Hydroplane racing at the Water Sports Centre, Holme Pierrpont. I remember how busy we used to be, when I worked there as a Park Ranger.