Nasty Schoolkid Pranks!

Well, what was the worst things you did up all them old terraced houses to terrorise the neighbours :ph34r:

Ghost knocking was a fav! with a twist if the person in the house was nasty! like getting a paper bag, filling it with dog poop, setting it on the doorstep to be ghost knocked, then set fire to it after a good rap on the door :blink:

We'd hide within eyeshot, and watch the unsuspecting person stomp out the flames with their carpet slippers.....OOOO nasty, weren't we :D :D :D

I know this was stupid, but at the time we were just stupid kids who didn't think.

Like stringing a length of wire across a street between lamp posts and wait for the next unsuspecting cyclist or bikie to come along :o

As an apprentice we would travel in a group in a mates car to Tech or training centre, when we passed an old bloke on a cycle, we'd roll the windows down and shout, "ayup George" poor old feller would wobble about wondering who the hell it was... :blink:

:D After that ayeupmeducks what i got up to pales into insignificance...

:blink: Hey that word took some sorting out, had to get the spell checker for that one. :blink:

[ in cer nif i canse ]

:D After that ayeupmeducks what i got up to pales into insignificance...

:blink: Hey that word took some sorting out, had to get the spell checker for that one. :blink:

[ in cer nif i canse ]

Real tearaways we were Den, until we got caught :blink:

That was up St Annes, I was brought up off Turner Street..Between Pym Street and Alfred Street South.

Cavendish Cinema Saturday matinees, with a diet of horse operas!

Doorstep, Banger in the Bob! was a good one.

In the days you only had fireworks once a year! :huh:

'Ere Mick, that could be real nasty on a short fuse...pooooooooo :D

We used to tie two door knobs together with string, knock on both doors and run off.

Also we used to get an old shoe box, wrap it with loads of gift paper like a parcel and leave it under the lamp post and watch for the victim to come along, pick it up thinking he had found a pressie, then hear them curse when they finally opened it to find an eightney.

:D dicko, i can't compete with that..sounds a hoot.. :D

:blink: Do two Farthings make an eightney :blink: sorry it's just me and these stupid tablets i have to take..

Have you ever tried gluing a coin to the pavement, watch the antics. Use Araldite, otherwise it is too easy to kick up.

This is not just for the young at school, also the young at heart!

A :P

not necessarily a schoolkid prank but a prank nontheless is the making of authentic looking concrete turds! .. place one on your doorstep and watch as the Jehovas witnesse's gaze slowly turns towards the turd!

it's especially effective when they come a month later and still see it there..

they automatically assume you are a heathen and don't bother knocking!

ilko..

Stops your car getting broken into and stolen if you put one of them joke turds on your seat when you leave the car! What self respecting thief would want a car with a turd on the drivers seat?

Hey John

Dont tell mad jenny about the turd thing in cars lol, remember the get together, maybe i should have left a turd for her daughters car near the Trip, the smell would put em off hey, and the car would still be intact now without the missing items.

The other thing us meddars mates used to do was hide in "wide entry" that was inbetween Goodhead Street and Rupert Street, there were little yards off it, we used to wait until it got dark and hide, when an unsuspecting victim came down it we used to jump out and scare the living daylights out of em. How pathetic it seems now, especialy with the coronary rates to date.

Lol. They are all so funny,weren't we horrible? we used to do nasty things too,mostly the same as you guys. I also remember when The Meadows was being knocked down there were heaps of bricks about in the streets, we used to throw them at front doors & run like hell before they opened up, must have given them a heart attack hey?? Do you remember those caps you used to throw on the floor & they went off like a banger,scared the living daylights out of the oldies ;)

Holy crap, and I thought we were bad :blink::blink:

Isn't it scarey to think we have done those terrible things & we have grown up ok,well reasonably anyway :o It just goes to show we weren't really evil just children following the leaders of the gang. When you hear what some of the kids of today get up to, ours was mischief & nothing more, some of the kids today are devils with a capital D!!

• 3 years later...
Isn't it scarey to think we have done those terrible things & we have grown up ok,well reasonably anyway :o It just goes to show we weren't really evil just children following the leaders of the gang. When you hear what some of the kids of today get up to, ours was mischief & nothing more, some of the kids today are devils with a capital D!!

Re tying doors together, we'd do such but leave a bit of slack then knock on one door then as late as we dare the other, first one door would open a few inches, then slam shut as next door pulled his open then opposite effect etc! lol, another one was tying front to back door so no one could get out or completly filling entry with cardboard boxes, best ever though was when we got a tailors dummy in bonfire rubbish, we dressed it up and hung it, proper hangman's noose, from tree's in several gas lit locations, at first "albert" would not be seen, till we made a noise, a wonder we didn't cause heart attacks, one woman did virtually pass out and coppers came we scarpered and got away but never saw albert again

The funniest one I have ever seen was not a kids prank - it was an NCB one. As some will know, miners steel toe boots had the steel on the outside of the boot. At Snibstone they had an apprentice fitter in the shop who was a bit of a smartass, and one day in the shop the old boys had enough of him. They grabbed him, took him up to the welder, grabbed a length of steel bar and welded it across his boot caps!

He was pretty humble after that!

Another alternative to the knock and run and tying two doors together was to use a bobbin of black cotton and tie it round a door knocker , we then hid and pulled on our end of the bobbin hear the door knock and the disgruntled slam of the door only to immediatley knock again (Keep going as long as you dared!!)

AND talking about welding. When I was at British Gypsum, there was a much disliked diesel fitter underground.

Anyway, our tool cupboards were made out of sheet steel, sides, top , back and bottom, one of the fitters on nights particularly disliked this diesel fitter who was about to finish his notice the following day shift, so welded his tool cupboard door up, not just tack welded, but all the way around! First class job he did on it too!!

When working in the sheet metal shop many moons ago down in Birmingham, I used to keep on raising the Amps rating on the Oxford welder when my workmate was just about to strike. It resulted in lots of 'sparks' and burnt job pieces and much merriment for the rest of us as he used to go ape sh*t. Well, most of the time.

Got his own back one Friday night though.

Come washing up time, about 10 to 5, with a long journey home to Nottm up the old A453 before the M42 was built, I washed up, took my boots off and found both my shoes nailed to the shelf under my bench. The lads laughed. I had to get the crow bar out to release the 6" nails (had to buy new shoes later as they leaked water through the nail holes) and then, after all that, as I went to pick my rucksack up it wouldn't budge.

Yes, he had nailed that too - straight through my Tupperware snap box into the bench shelf.

Mrs Frank gave me what for - for ruining her best Tupperware. :blush:

We used to have to stay over from nightshift to cover the early shift miners starting production at Clifton. Our chargehand was Ken Goodhall, now deceased, god bless his soul!

Anyway once the day shift arrived we were in a hurry to get to the manrider before it left us stranded, so jumped on the belt, got to the top of the gate and got off, half running down 2's mainroad, never run underground, you'll end up flat on your back! Into the old switchroom that used to be 2's no2 conveyor equipment and throw our toolbags into the box and lock them up. Our coats were hanging on a nail on a lagging board at the back, damn!! that Goodhalls nailed our coats up again! A regular occurence, we could never catch him out though!

Nailing stuff down must have been SOP at the NCB. When I first started at Snibstone and was working in the mech shop, my supervisor emphatically told me - do NOT leave your hard hat lying on the bench! I was lucky, and kept it on my head most of the time, but I bet I saw at least one/week get nailed down.

It isn't the hard hat, or the embarrasment, it's the strained arm you get from trying to snatch up a light object that doesn't move that really gets you!