Nasty Schoolkid Pranks!

Tying someones boot laces together if they had fallen asleep in the maingate was another one, or tying their belt to a ring if they were fast asleep leaning on one and then see them try and get up quick when you shouted Managers coming up gate!

We had a saying in Ibiza . No matter how tired you are don't go to sleep in public 'cos you'll wake up vandalised !!!! Eye brows rubbed in Immac was a favourite . You wake up wash your face and your eyebrows come off in your hands !!!

• 1 year later...

Dear Nottstalgia, I have one I still feel a bit guilty about...

Outside the perimeter of Redhill School is a small unmade road called Cherry Close. Heading away from the school it meets a path also lining the school playing field known locally as Back Twitchell or Back Track. At this corner, a few worthies and I, out for a little mayhem and mischief on the dark evenings after school would meet and dream up pranks to play.

Now there was this older chap who would come along religiously at a certain time every evening on his push-bike slowly wending his way. Looking back, the poor sod had probably just finished his afternoon shift, grafting at wherever. Now this trick didn't happen one...or twice...or even three times. It happened many times intermittently over a period of several weeks. Cherry Close was very poorly lit, if it all, in places and this was capitalised upon by us setting up a trip wire of cotton across the path. This wire was in turn attached to another piece of cotton which was carefully strung across an overhanging branch of a tall tree and on the end of this was a woman's hair net (remember those?) containing a very large plastic plant pot filled with soil. I'm sure I don't need to tell you what happened when the trip wire was triggered by the push-bike but safe to say it usually resulted with this poor chap absolutely caked in soil. There were usually quite a few swear words I'd never heard before. He never caught us, never spotted us in our hidey holes, choking with laughter, moreover he never seemed to suspect that it might happen again...and again.

There, I almost feel better now! :)

Yow'd better 'ave t'missus gi yer a bat rahnd tab fer that un Stu!

Yow'd better 'ave t'missus gi yer a bat rahnd tab fer that un Stu!

Don't Eric - I still feel a bit bad. :)

That and many other pranks was how I first got interested in running. It quickly became a necessity!

I am one of the Little Sods that used to loosen the tops off salt and vinegar pots in the chippy....Sandersons in Bulwell and Baxters on Lincoln St in Basford were the main targets.

Not nice now when you come to think about it but fun in those days when you saw someones dinner swimming in Vinegar or covered in salt.

Owdtite.

• 4 weeks later...

We little 'orrors on Westgate (owd Basford) used to go Bull Roarin', stuff newspaper up the metal drainpipes on the houses and light it, made a terrifying noise, especially if it was windy, and there were covered entrys between the terraced houses which echoed very loudly, we'd chuck bangers down them and the noise was like a bomb going off.

Also if any old goat upset any of us we would leave a full dustbin tipped against their door with the lid off then knock and run like hell, bleddy demonic we were lol.

And we wonder why we were all skinny in those days. It was from all that running like the clappers!

• 6 years later...

I used to ram old plimmoes onto the strings of the school piano.. the hymns at morning assembly sounded like Stockhausen on acid!

I was also known to change words on the overhead projector to said hymns.

Ordered Watts to pull off the statue of Corpus Christie...they arrived with a gang!

Taped airbombs to the light fittings in Silverdale subway and held fat kids at the tunnels end...( seasonal if not crazy!)

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/17/2005 at 0:34 PM, Ayupmeducks said:

Stops your car getting broken into and stolen if you put one of them joke turds on your seat when you leave the car! What self respecting thief would want a car with a turd on the drivers seat?

In Germany an officer left his car window down, we poop'd on both front seats. He threatened hell & damnation on parade but no one snitched. Sergeant stomped up & down barrack room demanding the culprits names, met with silence, so everyones kit & bedding was thrown out the windows. Good job there was no DNA evidence back then or I'd have been toast..