Meadows Demolition / Clearance

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Coop Store I remember. I was an apprentice electrician workin on its refurb, late 60s early 70's. Thanks for the memory.

Wilford Crescent West and Wilford Grove still there, just been on google street view of such,

In the years of demolition of the meadows, i worked as a lorry driver for a local haulage company,i was given a job, to load a full trailer load of roofing slates, for a firm that dealt in reclaimed

Damn, was going to go and ask if that cortina is for sale! lol How long was it demolished after those photos took?Look to be in good condition then? but of course can't compare to today's modern house built there

Wilford Crescent is long gone.

Wilford Crescent is still there. Well certainly Wilford Crescent West, where I lived in ones of the new houses.

Not sure how far round Wilford Crs. goes now.

Wilford Grove is gone.

Thanks Ash, I will take a look when I get a chance?

Sprout, are these photographs you have taken?

Got any more?

If you want to embed the image in a post, copy the photobucket link below the image.

The one that starts

and paste the whole line into your post.

Whats the other motor? A Riley?

It's a Wolseley 1500, the Wolseley had an oval badge in the upper section of the radiator grille.

Very similar to the Riley but the latter has a diamond shaped badge lower down the grille.

Yep - same car different badge (and trim)!

Yep - same car different badge (and trim)!

Riley had twin carbs...passed my test in the Wolsley...marvelous comfy little car with birds eye maple dash.Very smooth gear change ideal for learners.