Whats the worst thing youve ever bought

The biggest waste of money for me was a Camcorder for about £280!!! (Any body want to buy a top of the range Canon ???) I never use it preferring still photos instead.

Don't get me wrong , it's a great piece of kit but I just never use it !!

Almost anything "Made In China" BUT, that's all there is these days!

I bought a pair of shoes from a shop on Clumber Street, the assistant put them in a bag and when i got home i found they were a different colour to each other. Went to take em back a week later and the shop had closed down. If i still had em i would swap for a Camcorder.

It could be worse Den, I went out to meet some mates at Redmile (Vale of Belvoir) as I got out my car I put a foot on the pavement and noticed oh oh I had put brown shoes on (I was wearing grey/ blue) but it was not to .........as I put my other foot on the pavement I had a grey shoe on that foot !!!! yup I had gone out in odd shoes !! I took them off and walked round barefoot all night, nobody was any the wiser !!

An '83 Mercury Lynx Station wagon. So and so started burning oil as fast as petrol after 12000 miles. They said it needed new rings and seals!!!! At 12000 miles!!!

Sent it back to the dealer on consignment. Took a loss on it but they had to fix it, sell it and give some kind of guarantee to the buyer, which was more than I could do. Probably just put thicker oil in it. thumbsdown

I've always had Fords but this one was not up to standard.

BTW Beefy. What model is that camcorder? I love Canons. Presently have a vixia HV 30 Hi Def model. It will take stills as well as movies. Only 3.2 Mpixels but not bad looking stills anyway if all you need is a quick snapshot.

It's a FS11e , stills, 2000x digital zoom,45x Advaced zoom, Dolby stereo, 16gb, in fact ask it nicely it'll unplug itself and take the dog for a walk !!!

Not on the night in question , we walked out round the corner and you 'returned it' to the wall of The Thurland !!! You didn't even have time to 'process' the Muligatawni soup!!

I 'won' tickets to go and see Simply Red in about 1985 , (I didn't bother taking advantage of them though !!!)

Mick , it would have been one of our 'mid week 8 o'clock bus trips' don't ask we when but I'd hazard a guess at it being around 1990!!

• 5 years later...

My B IL had a Maestro company car & one day we were driving down the M1 flat out, the engine was screaming for mercy, ready to blow up any minute soon.

For christ sake I yelled, bleddy change up, I can't he said, I'm in top gear already ! (only a four speed box).