He was joint owner of the gateway hotel ,step brother George falconbridge.did go to trent bridge but older than you I think Michael.

i knew george falconbridge ,he was in my class at trent bridge so would be around the same age as me,63.i used to be good friends with his cousen Jim carrier,he lived in the same terrace.A lot of school friends lived on bunbury street,i lived on kirkby street which ran across the bottom of bunbury st.if you look at old trent bridge school photos there is a picture of george in my class photo

• 4 weeks later...

i knew george falconbridge ,he was in my class at trent bridge so would be around the same age as me,63.i used to be good friends with his cousen Jim carrier,he lived in the same terrace.A lot of school friends lived on bunbury street,i lived on kirkby street which ran across the bottom of bunbury st.if you look at old trent bridge school photos there is a picture of george in my class photo

Hi I lived on Kirkby st and would walk along Bunbury St. to Trent bridge school can you remember the shops on the street ?. I left in 1963.

Pat

I seem to remember the name 'Goodband', Andy. I can't picture him but he may have gone to Trent Bridge Senior Boys school when I was there.

I can fill a couple of gaps here which may help ,my wife lived with her Grandma for a time(17-21) at Livingstone Terr and then Walker Terr(when I met her) and so knew Alan Goodband and John Crofts,Michael they were at school same time as us but you would have problems as they were in the "c" stream and are a rags to riches story.

I believe they made a lot of money pulling down the "Medders" and then moved into the hotel game together with their wives,in fact when we returned to the UK 79/81 they owned the Manor Club in West Bridgford and we went there most Friday nights for a meal and the entertainment ,remember they had a nice Rolls Royce also...P.S. seem to remember John Crofts looked a little like you with blonde unruly hair.LOL....

• 1 year later...
On 21/03/2010 at 0:44 AM, Norma39 said:

Does anyone remember The Meadows, Bunbury Street, Orange Street,Bell Street..etc

Yeh i lived on 3 hague cottages orange street until it was demolished

Hi norma iv just put some more names up. What was your surname? Do you remember the house fire where 3 children lost there lives ?? 

• 4 years later...
On 3/21/2010 at 12:30 PM, denshaw said:

Hi Norma, i lived on Glebe st from 63 til 71. There used to be a Malik family lived on Orange st, Cliftons on Bell Terrace, i could name quite a few off Bunbury st.

Ashley, the club would have been on Wilford Crescent, some type of strip club late sixties. Mick will remember the name, mentioned on here before. (did you get my PM )

Den.

Carousel Club ?

I think you might have the wrong road, Wilford Crescent East and West is all residential houses with a couple of shops the former post office A Doctors surgery on it until you get up to where Pyatt Street is and the back end of the Bus Depot then The Meadows Boys Club and the Mundella centre with the paper factory opposite. I grew up there in 1970s 

Carousel Club was on Bunbury Street