Hi Norma and welcome,

I Grew up on Wilford grove then Bathley street just round the corner from Bunbury street bus sheds in the 50's until about 61 then moved to Clifton.

Rog

anyone recall some dancehall or "dive" in the meadows, you went upstair via some sort of boxed in staircase at back of houses, or might have been some garage yard? only went the once but saw stairs etc still there not that long ago (10 yrs?) can't for life of me think where, maybe wiford grove area

Hi Norma, i lived on Glebe st from 63 til 71. There used to be a Malik family lived on Orange st, Cliftons on Bell Terrace, i could name quite a few off Bunbury st.

Ashley, the club would have been on Wilford Crescent, some type of strip club late sixties. Mick will remember the name, mentioned on here before. (did you get my PM )

Den.

Carousel Club ?

I didn't grow up there as I was a young teen when my parents moved us there to Osman Terrace off Briar Street. Then Kirke-White Street East, near the Rifleman Pub. Then Ryehill Cottages, before being moved out due to demolition in the early 70's.

Does anyone remember The Meadows, Bunbury Street, Orange Street,Bell Street..etc

Hi Norma! sure - remember all of them, living on Wilford Crescent East in the late 50's/early 60's those streets were my playground, where & when abouts did you live!

Hi Norma! sure - remember all of them, living on Wilford Crescent East in the late 50's/early 60's those streets were my playground, where & when abouts did you live!

I lived on Napoleon Terrace, Bell Street , I have a Brother Dennis and a Sister Linda,

My Maiden name was Marriott.

My Aunt and Uncle lived at the bottom of Bell SWtreet, on Orange Street, also name Marriott,Then I had 2 more Aunts and Uncles on Bathley Street.

I use to spend a lot of time in the swimming baths...every Saturday with out fail.

Pictures at the Globe or (cant remember the name of the other 1 )

I now live in Australia, been out here for the past 46 years, never been back.My Sister still lives in Nottingham, at Stanton-on-the-Wolds, Havent seen her since I left.

I live practically in the centre of Australia, not far from the Famous Alice Springs,

in a City called Mount Isa, a mining town,I have lived here for 46 years, practically since I arrived in Australia.

I lived on Napoleon Terrace, Bell Street , I have a Brother Dennis and a Sister Linda,

My Maiden name was Marriott.

My Aunt and Uncle lived at the bottom of Bell SWtreet, on Orange Street, also name Marriott,Then I had 2 more Aunts and Uncles on Bathley Street.

I use to spend a lot of time in the swimming baths...every Saturday with out fail.

Pictures at the Globe or (cant remember the name of the other 1 )

I now live in Australia, been out here for the past 46 years, never been back.My Sister still lives in Nottingham, at Stanton-on-the-Wolds, Havent seen her since I left.

I live practically in the centre of Australia, not far from the Famous Alice Springs,

in a City called Mount Isa, a mining town,I have lived here for 46 years, practically since I arrived in Australia.

I remember Bell street, but not the terrace so well, some of my family took the £10 ticket & settled in the Brisbane area of Oz, others over to South Africa, remember the baths & being at the laundry there with mother! live in Central Scotland now but often think of going back & walking whats left of those streets!

Norma, do you know Tony Marriot off Bunbury st would be about 54 now ? Older brother Steve?

Did you sign guest book on WWW.Theoldmeadows.co.uk.

Den.

Den, do you remember a guy from Bunbury Street - I guess you would describe him as having learning difficulties, big lad, used to intimidate the young ones with lots of shouting, a sad character - think he was wheelchair bound, but well known in the early 60's there!

• Upvote 1

Hi 68fb, I had a friend Frances Watts who lived on Wilford Crescent East, corner house, with Bathley Street running upside the house. Don't suppose you knew her? This would be late 50's, early 60's like you. Older brother David also lived there.

Hi 68fb, I had a friend Frances Watts who lived on Wilford Crescent East, corner house, with Bathley Street running upside the house. Don't suppose you knew her? This would be late 50's, early 60's like you. Older brother David also lived there.

Hi Katyjay! I can't recall the name Frances but know the area, was at the old Collygate? school there from '59 there was a mrs Reed & mrs Woodhouse around there, I was at no. 27!

Sorry Ashley, doesn't ring a bell.

Hi fb my friend lived at a high number, something like 130? She was born in 1947, so maybe at school with you?

That's opposite Pyatt street Katy, if 130 thats also the house at the end of the row! I was born a little later in '54 so just a youngster really lol :rolleyes:

• 4 years later...

hi all, I have just signed up ,Ilived in bell street , 4bell terrace meadows w left in 1959 I lived next door to susan Arnold, I new john longstaff, beryl blackberry, the turners , the roukes who owned the corner shop, just to name a few.I went to collergate infants then to trent bridge secondary . I knew miss slack. aand miss smith WHAT A NASTY PEICE OF WORK THEY WERE!!!! they mde my life a misery.I remember mr. adlam and mr. griffin. they were good times in the 50s not like today. thanks don

hi all I think I can remember them what number did they live at, its hard sometimes to remember where I live I,m only let ouy once a wek yo do the shopping!! its all that shippo,s

• Upvote 2

hi I diid not know the crofts or goodbands but I knew billy Powell, and Lewis cob, graham glencross he lives in bestwood I believe I went to school with them, after school we spent ages playing in the wash house.