On 3/25/2010 at 12:00 AM, RockitRon said:

:laugh: As I said, the date for the demise of Farmers comes from Douglas Whitworth's book; I'm sure I've seen a paper bag somewhere in my mum's drawers or cupboards which came from Farmers and had "A Debenham Store" printed on it - if I can find it I'll scan and print it.

Everything else I recall here is purely from my memory, having lived in Nottingham for more than 40 years. Alas, the memory is not quite sharp enough to recall exact dates, and I'm actually quite surprised (and disappointed) that the internet is of no help. Trying to find anything about the old Co-op (the Greater Nottingham Co-operative Society) proved unsuccessful.

I have one of those bags in my hand. I have photographed it but it's too many bytes to post on here .....

Unfortunately the system you've tried to use (at the bottom of the reply box) is worse than useless. I don't understand why the software people haven't ditched it.

To post photos here you'll need to use one of the free photo hosting sites (which unfortunately is a bit of a faff).

https://www.wix.com/blog/photography/2017/09/27/free-image-hosting-sites