Thanks, Thomas. You say that you have stories that will make our hair curl. Well, we are all interested in hearing what you have to say.. It may save some of us going to the hairdresser at the weekend...lol.

Well said Michael...... I like it lol

Some of my experiences did certainly make my hair curl......... or was it all the bread crusts I was forced to eat.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was a Foster Carer and had 49 children over the years. 99% of the time were really happy times. I had two sons of my own and decided from day one that any foster child would be treated as my own. Wi

Poohbear, lots of interesting stuff on your above reference; I can see I'm due to spend quite a time reading. Incidentally an occupant of the parish workhouse: 18, St Peter's Street, Radford (later

Well to be really honest I cant remember much about Hartley Rd Childerens home I was only about 3 years old at the time. My sister told me years later,that on the day we were put into Hartley Rd home

• 1 year later...

hi. i have just joined the forum. i was trying to start research into hartley rd homes and school and came across this thread while doing so. i lived at the home approx. 1946 to 1956 and attended the school. although possibley slightly ahead of him the post from danny explained a lot to me about the set up at the homes. i was in the girls only but just down the end of a long corridor were the boys. we were looked after by an uncle john and aunty homes/holmes?. they had a baby son called jeremy who i had to rock to sleep before going into the band room to watch a film or something.

• 7 years later...

Welcome to Nottstalgia Ashley.

It's always interesting when someone revives an old thread. None of the people who made the previous posts have been back here for several years so they may not see your comment, but if you have any more stories we'd be glad to hear them.

• 11 months later...

Welcome to Nottstalgia RichA. You should have some interesting memories to share. I lived near Hartley Road home, off Denman Street, passed it many times on me way to the Windsor cinema.