The history of Notts County

Great piece of video there Stu , there are quite a few others in the side bar menu too !!

Thanks for sharing it matey

I will be there on Saturday mate. Taking a friend from Edinburgh down the Lane and we have tickets straight opposite the half way line in the Pavis Stand in the members section. Nine games unbeaten now and I'm expecting good things against Rotherham!

• 5 months later...

A nice little potted history from YouTube.

Featuring that superb servant to the club, Jack Wheeler, and a manager that was never sacked from any club.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo7TwEfr_6k

[/

Hi! Just a quickie.My Grandad played for Notts County.His Name was Arthur Clamp.

World of weird coincidence again.

I had just read this thread , the phone goes and it's my mum telling me that this months "Bygones" is about Notts County and their 100th year anniversary since their first match at Meadow Lane!!

• 8 years later...

Of course, we could beat Mk Dons and Crawley. Yeovil and Macclesfield lose both of their games and come five o'clock on Easter Monday we are four points clear of the drop zone with two games left to play. I'd give up my Hot Cross Buns and Easter Eggs to make that happen.

• Upvote 1
28 minutes ago, Deepdene Boy said:

Of course, we could beat Mk Dons and Crawley. Yeovil and Macclesfield lose both of their games and come five o'clock on Easter Monday we are four points clear of the drop zone with two games left to play.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

• Like 1

Not their greatest fan then RR ? 

• 3 weeks later...

You must admit NOTTSTALGIAN@S you have got to take your hat off to them.

DOB  1860s Oldest league club found  =?     Notts County FC.

Nottingham football club met for the first time at Cremorne Gardens, an open space in the Meadows in  November 1862.

The Nottingham Guardian reported that a side was chosen by W Arkwright and Charles Deakin, then Notts County FC , the oldest league club in England dated their history from then. 

Frederick Smith was elected President when a meeting was arranged at the George Hotel on December 7th he authorsied a five shilling (25p) subscription for a 20 a side kickabout  against Trent Valley,  which was played the next day, but Notts County's club first big game was in Janurary 1865 against Sheffield in a 18 aside match at the Meadows.  Forest FC was founded in 1865 and the following year the local derby was played this was when the two local teams played each other for the first time, twice , both matches ended in a draw. In 1870 , Notts players won what were thought to be the club's representative honours. Charles Rotherand  E H Greenhalgh played in the team which lost 1-0 to the South at Kennington Oval.  1986 BIZARRE END OF NOTTS FA CUP HERO.

Jimmy Logan hat-trick FA Cup win in 1894 died after a bizarre incident. The Ayrshire-born centre-forward had left Notts and was playing in 1896 for Loughborough. They travelled by train to Newton Heath, Manchester. Loughborough's kit was lost en route and they played in their traverling clothes. It rained heavily throughout, and the player's returned to Leicestershire in sodden clothes. Logan caught a chill on May 25th. He was buried in a pauper's grave in Loughborough.

NEW HOME . 1909-10  After sharing with Forest at Trent Bridge. Notts moved to a new ground in Meadow lane.

I went to look at Notts County on u-tube but for some reason it's been taken off, so i hope that i have not repeated any thing that was seen  on u-tube, sorry if i have.