I'm trying to collect a series of photographs for myself about places that I've lived, schooled, worked etc. There are two at present which are really difficult to obtain, one being pictures of David Square (sign, Houses etc) and the other a picture of Percy street school (the old one). I was born in David Square in 1956 and attended Percy Street from 1961 to 1962. I have a class photo from 1962 but not any of the buildings. Can anyone help please?

Thanks to you both for the quick replies, but Stu I want an old image of the school so google maps is no good at all. Ashley, Ive trawled for hours thro' Pictures Of The Past, and found nothing.

Hi,

It is common for closed school archives to be held in the County Archives, Castle Meadow Road (near the Inland Revenue) in Nottingham and can be seen during business hours.

Worth a try. If they are held elsewhere I am sure they will point you in the right direction.

• 3 years later...

Hi,

It is common for closed school archives to be held in the County Archives, Castle Meadow Road (near the Inland Revenue) in Nottingham and can be seen during business hours.

Worth a try. If they are held elsewhere I am sure they will point you in the right direction.

Never did try this place, is it still there?

nnsc, you just dragged up a memory, my mum had an old school friend who lived in David Square, Lottie Cooper. How the heck did I remember that name? We used to visit her, early 50's I'd guess.