You wouldn't have carried the flights we used...LOL They were bloody HEAVY!! Chain was about the same size as the old shearer haulage chain too.

We used twin inboard chains on the heavy duty AFC's, in fact everything was heavy duty on those high production 12-14foot high faces, supports were 640 ton yield, now they are 1200 ton yield and weigh in at over 100 tons each!

Shearers weigh over 300 tons each, big at side of the old 16/125's which weighed 10 tons and the AM 400 at 30 tons.

• Like 1
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes. Education, education, education - remember that absolute bollocks from the prophet Tony Blair ? Get all the school leavers to go to University (to get them off the un-employment figures). Rena

I know most of you have probably seen this tribute to the Hucknall colliery miners but I thought it was worth posting all the same, unfortunately our coal heritage has all but gone and all thats left

That's right - and in one to the best demonstrations of poetic justice I have ever come across, Shipley Hall, home of the Mundy family who owned many of the coal mines in the area, had to be demolishe