What's Your Favourite Tipple??

I drink a lot more Cider now than I ever did .

As I mentioned in the thread about the minimum unit price rise is one done by "Bargain Booze" is called Amber Harvest, costs around three and a half quid for three litres . Mighty fine !

By the way , Iv'e just heard that "Bargain Booze" now have 600 stores open nation wide. I remembser when they had just one ! It was just up the road from where I worked in Elworth (Near Sandbach) they had a bit of a wharehouse there too that suplied their next shop.

Nowt to brag about, but it's not a bad success story in just 14 years.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No. I would describe it as 'eerily warming'. The more calvados - the more eerie and warming 

Alcohol

Posted Images

:) I used to love a tipple: whiskey and soda (my favourite) but just recently, due to a long- going ear infection, I've had to: "wotch it!" :mellow:

Don't 'Wotch it', it's not going to do any tricks, better just to 'drink it'............................. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Owt that's likely ter mek me tiddleh, the only thing that should be done in moderation is 'abstinence'............................do enjoy a nice glass or 3 of Pinot Noir..............or a large Almagnac.................. :glare:

Believe it or not, Shippos used to be my favourite, both mild and bitter. For a take out I loved Shippos Nut Brown ale in the quart bottles. I still have two bottles but alas, no brown ale :(

It's traditional to knock Shippos and in fact I used to do it too. That is until a real drinker taught me the difference between a good beer and pasteurised, flavourless, gassy Keg beers. Shipstones Ales are a good quality genuine British real ale. They had the contract to supply beer to the British overseas forces in Victorian times too.

If you feel the bottom has fallen out of your world, drink Shipstones Ales and let the world fall out of your bottom.

Just got back from Morrisons :-

Case of John Smiths

Bottle of Mount Gay Rum

Bottle of Martell Cognac

We wish yous a merry chrishmash ....HIC

If it's Castle Rock we are drinking - I prefer their Hemlock Bitter!

It's traditional to knock Shippos and in fact I used to do it too. That is until a real drinker taught me the difference between a good beer and pasteurised, flavourless, gassy Keg beers. Shipstones Ales are a good quality genuine British real ale. They had the contract to supply beer to the British overseas forces in Victorian times too.

Was it the original IPA= India Pale Ale, brewed & bottled in such a way that it would 'travel' without spoiling, unlike most other ales?

That is correct Paulus - it accounts for the additional hops, and higher alcohol content, that acted to help sterilize and stabilize the beer for shipping. The name derives from where it was originally shipped to!

I really am not much of a drinker, never have been. Nothing against it, but don't like the taste of beer, spirits etc. If I have a glass of wine [and 1 makes me tiddly] it has to be German white, as it's not as dry as others. When we go out to eat every Friday night with our friends, I drink tonic water. How boring is that, but I like it and it's not as sweet as pop. When we were courting my hubby and I, I'd drink bitter lemon. He reckoned he married me cos I was a cheap date!

unlike you kath i havealways had expensive tastes as far as my drinks are concerned and have always drunk soft drinks or shorts doubles ofcourse piggy used to say it was a good job i brought most of my own when we first went out cause his mum would only let him have 10 bob a night and i proberly spent about 1 pound a night on my drinks he still hates it when i get my drinking head on costs him a fortune good job i dont drink so much these days been out all day today been in pub from 3 pm and i only had one real drink . and i feel a bit drunk anyway night all i am going to bed see some of you tommorow night.

I did it ! I cracked !

Yesterday I finally turned into my Mum and Dad !

I bought a bottle of Warninks Advocaat to make 'Snowballs' for the kids

SWMBO has never had one .

PS Morrisons do their own version of Dr Pepper too, it is called Dr Pop.

• Upvote 1

Mudgie I Might have said this before.

I like Dr. Pepper, but I also like Wal-Marts Dr.Thunder at a few cents a can :)

3504636096_047f2a59cd.jpg

Has it got laxative ingredients perchance?................. :unsure:

Can soemone please tell me how to make Snowballs? I have a bottle of Warniks and tried drinking it neat but it tastes like hard boiled eggs - Yeuch!

Can soemone please tell me how to make Snowballs? I have a bottle of Warniks and tried drinking it neat but it tastes like hard boiled eggs - Yeuch!

I think they're made with Mushy Peas, see # 71, careful what snow you use ie don't use the yellow stuff....................