• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

U Reds!! We can’t keep commenting on a thread called ‘All Going Wrong’. when everything is going right! County are doing well too.   

Yes LizzieM A great result for all three local clubs last night. County look assured of a play off spot it would be great to see them back in the league proper. Forest still in with a c

Let's hope Forest get another home draw and another big club in tonight's League Cup draw. 

Although I used to love it in the 70's & 80's when we had away ties in the cups, at little clubs from lower leagues that we wouldn't normally play. I remember great trips to the likes of Bury (Fantastic social club) Wrexham, Hereford, Oldham, Stockport, (Great curry) Cambridge, Tranmere, Halifax, and other illustrious venues ! 

Such events are sadly a rarity these days with no replays etc ! Great days indeed !

• 1 month later...

Well done Forest indeed. A superb 2 - 0 win at title contenders Middlesbrough this afternoon. Kept a clean sheet, and didn't concede stupid late goals as we've been prone to all season. Hopefully the string of draws can be turned into wins. 

• Like 4

Let's just hope we can keep the momentum going, and for once in the last couple of decades, REALLY make a sustained challenge for promotion. If even half of this seasons draws had been wins, we'd have been up there in the top three. Just a bit of luck at times is all we've been missing.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Another fine win for the Reds this afternoon. A clean sheet, and cemented our Play Off position. Keep it up Forest ! :yahoo:

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

A good win, and a clean sheet...... Is it all clicking into place ?

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

You Reds ! A good win to hopefully cheer Ben up. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 5 months later...

That's it, we're in the playoffs. Let's hope we remain there, or even better. Come on Cloughie, give em a shout !

Were's Direby btw ?

Well this afternoon, we can sit back and relax in the knowledge that Forest will still be in the playoffs at 5pm this afternoon. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not so well done yesterday losing 0-4 at home to the Owls

Still 1 point off a play off position and a game in hand and not playing any of the leaders over the Christmas fixtures should help.

Hope the wheels are not getting wobbly!

• 1 month later...

Good away win against fellow promotion hopefuls Brentford now leaves them two points off an automatic promotion spot, A couple of difficult games coming up, home against Leeds and away to WBA. A couple of games that may just make a difference to the outcome of their promotion hopes.

"Come on you Reds"

Sadly The Stags continue their slide towards the relegation position.

• 3 months later...

I didn’t watch much of that game, I remember I preferred to be out roller-skating that afternoon. I did go into town with my Daddy to see the team parade with the FA Cup though.   Happy, carefree days ...... makes me sad that children nowadays don’t have the innocent childhoods that we all experienced.  Maybe I’m looking through rose-coloured specs?  

My Dad was there.

I watched it on the telly.  If I recall correctly Forest played Birmingham City in a semi- final midweek.  Our teacher at Henry Whipple let us listen to it on the radio..  Have I remembered that right?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, denshaw said:

61 years ago today Forest won the FA cup.

I remember watching in on what now seems a very small B&W Bush television at my grandparents as we didn't have a TV then.

At half time all the kids on the street came out with their footballs to re-enact the first half including histrionics when replaying Roy Dwight's injury.

We were called in to watch the second half and saw a 10 man Forest hold of Luton until the final whistle. Then back outside to relive the second half and the presentation of the "cup", my grandma's collander

• Like 2

An old friend of mine's father was the managing director of Redmayne & Todd. They had the FA cup on display in the shop window but for security reasons it was brought home at night where it used to sit on their sideboard!

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Well done Forest