Ever get the feeling you've been lied to ??

We were told that there was a total grounding of all aircraft in the UK until at least 1.00am Saturday 17th. How come I see these at lunch time over Oulton Park race circuit??

4525254765_604e34a99e_b.jpg

4525253243_fd23befe66_o.jpg

4525203155_2bd35980e5_o.jpg

4525830968_1bd726e858_b.jpg

I got back home and see this one (About 10 miles away !!) leaving Manchester !!

4525915878_f0774b5223_o.jpg

A "Traumahawk" - run away, run away!

I thought those small planes flew well below the levels of the ash cloud?

The larger one, well a few planes have been allowed to take off, Why I don't know?

Perhaps they are allowing selected flights to fly at lower levels?

Never mind the planes, I had ash landing on my car this morning after I washed and polished it earlier in the week, and all the dogs in my village have got runny eyes!!

Bloody Icelandics...lol

Same here , I gave the car 6 quids worth last Sunday and (In a reverse to Barry Scott ) BANG and the dirt came back !!

I was also saying to the Father in law, (An ex banker) we pay a fortune to bail the bloody Icelandics out and they 541t on from high above every time !!!

Ayup Ian,

All I saw flying on Thursday was the Dakota, about 11.00 and yesterday was a Squirrel helicopter and a Cessna over our place doing aerobatics, I think he was the usual guy from RAF Waddington, as yet no dust has settled and nothing but blue skies

Rog

While not living directly under the Stansted flightpath, we are close enough to see them, along with Luton and some Heathrow traffic, along with that we get high level flights from Europe and of course all the Wattisham helicopters, Duxford transits and light a/c from our three local airstrips plus Dr Singh and his helicopter down the road.

This morning we awake to clear blue skies again, not a vapour trail in sight, it's very strange.

The morning of the ban we had a light a/c out of Rayne, then nothing until a low flying private helicopter came over that afternoon. Since then all I've seen are two other light a/c out of Rayne about 4:00 pm yesterday, Dr Singh has clearly decided to use his Merc instead, it's quite nice not hearing the almost constant noise of jet's, you can hear the birdsong a lot better.

Yeserday morning started clear and vapour trail free again and what was noticeable were the large numbers of light aircraft flying out of Rayne airstrip, they must be having a field day with no commercial airliners to worry about.

What I did notice about them was the fact that they seemed to be flying at low power settings, steady climb outs and no aerobatics and no high powered piston types either, but would you risk your £1m Spitfire.

In the afternoon we went to the allotment, I took my camera, but as luck would have it, the battery packed up, pity, it was'nt long before a Bucker Jungmann Luftwaffe bi-plane trainer came along complete with swastika on the tail. Then, to my surprise, emitting a trail of smoke, along came the yellow Wattisham Seaking SAR helicopter, jet powered. Again they must be sticking to some ordained rules as it was travelling very slowly, hardly emergency status, unless they were on some kind of airtest.

After that I heard the sound of turbo-props and a small Dornier airliner came over very low, heading in the direction of Stansted, followed soon after by the Essex air ambulance, again jet powered and not hanging about either.

Apart from that, loads of powered hang gliders in the evening, but what surprised me, that given the perfect conditions and lack of commercial flights, that I didn't see a single hot air balloon over the weekend, we would normally be over-run with them, don't tell me that the volcanic ash effects the burners or their lift capacity.