What's happened to the "Evening" Post

I will always remember passing a seller on my way home from school in the 70s - he always seemed to be shouting, "Post seven - no lates tonight!" Those were the days when its adverts were in alphabetical order and it made good chip paper the next day.

Remember holding a sheet of the old EP over the fire place opening to draw the fire? couldn't do it today with the little sheets

Rog

• 2 weeks later...

The Evening Post seem a bit shambolic at the moment, I rang their newsdesk on Monday offering them some pictures of the fire on the Wells Road - they asked me to email the pictures so I asked if there were any size limits on e-mail attachments. I was assured there wasn't.

To be on the safe side, I split the images into two e-mail and sent them.

An hour later I get the message,

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

Newsdesk@NottinghamEveningPost.co.uk

So as far as I know, they didn't get the pictures.

Your wasting your time.

I emailed them some fantastic images of the Great Fire of Castle Donnington,

a Couple of years ago. Sent them on the night of the fire. Knew a shortcut through

the Police cordon. Got close enough to the fire to be singed.

Sent to Both Post and D.Telegraph (same company)

They never replied, but next day published a picture of a Fire Engine parked

away from the fire (or a stock photo)

In a similar vein , I sent some pictures of a house fire to our local news group (The Guardian) I even gave a good write up for them to use. On reading the paper the following week, the write up was more or less word for word the same as mine, and one of the pictures was mine I'm sure!!

I contacted their editorial team and asked why they hadn't even acknowledged me in the report (Notice I only wanted acknowledgement and not fiscsal reward?) and was fobbed off with them telling me that their own freelance reporter was there also , (a load of bull that was!!, ) and had taken the picture they used .

I stopped buying the paper from then !!

What's with all this giving pictures away, doing free write ups etc? Oi Veh!

Speculate to accumulate Ash..............................cheers.gif

• 6 years later...
11 minutes ago, radfordred said:

This new set-up for the Nottingham Post seams a lot more user friendly? 

Can_of_Worms.jpg

Just gone on that site & Ad-Blocker Ultimate (free) blocked 10 pop-ups ! That site is unusable !

• Like 1
  • 3 years later...

Gave up on it a long time ago.  I'm finding most online papers are like that.  Either loaded with ads or any, so called news, is in video format.  I suppose they assume none of their audience can read anymore.  Maybe most of 'em can't.