• 10 months later...

For the English readers this years St George's Day parade will commence from The Forest Rec at 12 pm and head down Mansfield Rd into Milton Street, Turn Right at Burger King then Left onto King Street, into the Market Sq and fall out on Long Row (Debenhams).

We will be assembling at the Forest Rec at 11am onwards.... The parade has been funded and organised in conjunction with Nottingham City Council. On the Parade there will be 3 marching bands, 3 Police Horses in full regalia and The Branch Colours all being lead by St. George on a horse.

Once the parade has arrived in the Square, there are many English and Traditional activities for everyone to enjoy or you can join The Branch back at The Pheasant Inn Radford for the traditional annual celebrations , including the Raffle ( drawn at 8pm) Food in the beer garden and bouncy castle and many more activities! Or Enjoy both events as there will be plenty of time as we expect to arrive in the Square at 12.30pm.

Pretty peed off I can't get over as SWMBO is at work and I've got the kids !!

I'm wearing my England Rugby top and have put an England flag on the car !!

englandflag.gifenglandflag.gifcongrats.gifenglandflag.gifenglandflag.gif

Just put the kids in a couple of my old England T shirts and sent them out to terrorise the neighbourhood !!

englandflag.gifenglandflag.gifcongrats.gifenglandflag.gifenglandflag.gif

• 7 years later...

Good Lord, we've had some posts of that ilk on here lately Jill. englandflag

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
7 hours ago, radfordred said:

Happy St.Georges Day to all our English brethren

No Surrender  

D4z95ZJXsAAowvk.jpg

No surrender to who?

7 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Tis also The Bard's birthday! 

Marvin;

Life. Don't talk to me about life.

Qoheleth;

Vanitas vanitatum. Omnia vanitas

Macbeth:

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot full of sound and fury signifying nothing.

Next, a reconciler for Jill since I stomped on her Shakespeare post;

Beethoven tells you what it's like to be Beethoven, and Mozart tells you what it's like to be human. Bach tells you what it's like to be the universe. (D.Adams)

That is all.

(With an edit)

• Like 2
  • 4 years later...

Did anyone celebrate St Georges Day yesterday?

Why? He was a soldier in the Roman army, of Greek descent, slayed the dragon in Libya, venerated by both Christians and Muslims, his remains are assumed to be in Israel, patron saint of 4 countries, part of Spain and Moscow. He never set foot in England so how come he got to be patron saint of England?