I wonder if I know you Josie, I went to Carlton Girls school from 1953 - 57. My form teacher was Miss Euston I can remember Miss Nevin, Miss Salavanski, Miss Dennis, Mr Cook, Mr Cole, all the girls thought he was lovely, but Mr Cook was quite abrupt. I can remember now walking to the sports field on Stoke Lane. I can also remember all the school walking in twos to Carlton - le - Willows for speech day, our school hall wasn't big enough to hold all the school together..We had to play hockey and netball on the front playground where everybody could see us running round in our navy knickers.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As I said in other post I would start a new topic on Carlton Girls School Station Rd Carlton I went there from 1962 to 1966 the head misstress was Miss Jones at this time.Some of the teacher I rememb

miss placket was head mistress when i went 1956 c stream miss goodrich who became mrs bancroft when she left we had miss howarth who became mrs taylor she was our form teacher for the rest of our scho

My Dads name was George Holmes and we lived on Southdale Drive in Carlton

MISS SALERVANSKI CAME BACK TO CARLTON GIRLS AS HEAD AFTER I HAD LEFT THINK ABOUT 1968ISH BEFORE THAT SHE WAS TEACHING I THINK BLUECOTE SCHOOL ASPLY WERE SHE TOUGHT SUE POLARD AND WAS LATER ON HER THIS IS YOUR LIFE MY SISTER JEAN DID NOT LIKE HER BUT OUR KATH DID

• 4 weeks later...

hi joy and wellcome hope you will add your own memories but dont give too many of my exploits away will you hope you are ok.

babs

• 1 year later...

I remember miss nevin used to take us for dancing,the amazing thing was she used to dance around with her eyes closed,but if you were getting the steps wrong she would correct you,it was like she could see with her eyes closed.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...