As I said in other post I would start a new topic on Carlton Girls School Station Rd Carlton I went there from 1962 to 1966 the head misstress was Miss Jones at this time.Some of the teacher I remember are Miss Edginton Music , Miss Johnson the elder who was my form teacher from 2nd to 4th year taught maths, Miss Johnson the younger taught needlework she was my form teacher 1st year its easy to remember my form teachers names. I was in the c stream not very academic never really liked school untill I whent to secondary school by then I had wasted much of my education.

Miss Machin maths and history,Mrs Rex english ran the libary Mrs Collier a right nasty pice of work will not lower my self to call her anything else too much of a lady for that sometimes anyway. Upstaires were Miss Euaston Biology

Mrs Horver not sure of the spelling of this drama and english Miss nevin geography the only male teachers i can

remember were Mr Arnold english and Mr Bonniface Mrs Marshal cookery Mrs Pearson art mrs Ross cookery. This sould jog memories a bit to get you started if You went to school here as I have got to go and get ready for another great night out at the White Hart Lenton one of my fav groups on tonight The Crew.

COME ON KAT CARLTON GIRL ADD SOME OF YOUR MEMORIES NOW KAT OLD SCHOOL FRIEND MET UP WITH HER LAST YEAR FIRST TIME SINCE 1966 WE WERE BORN ON THE SAME DAY WILL BOTH BE SIXTY NEXT YEAR.

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As I said in other post I would start a new topic on Carlton Girls School Station Rd Carlton I went there from 1962 to 1966 the head misstress was Miss Jones at this time.Some of the teacher I rememb

miss placket was head mistress when i went 1956 c stream miss goodrich who became mrs bancroft when she left we had miss howarth who became mrs taylor she was our form teacher for the rest of our scho

My Dads name was George Holmes and we lived on Southdale Drive in Carlton

The only times I went to Carlton Girls school (After it became Carlton le Willows annex circa 1974) was to climb through the fence at the back and go scrumping next door. Nice apples they were too!!!

I remember all those teachers i was on B stream Miss Euston was my form teacher Miss Machin History Mrs Rex Drama, didnt she think she was somebody ? lol Miss Nevin Geography Mrs Hawver ( i think thats how you spell it ) maths how i hated that woman, can you remember the air raid shelters? i remember Mr Bonniface as well

miss placket was head mistress when i went 1956 c stream miss goodrich who became mrs bancroft when she left we had miss howarth who became mrs taylor she was our form teacher for the rest of our school years

• Upvote 1

I was in Florence Nightingale House Red Tie

Then there was Helen Slessor Yellow Tie

Marie Curie Blue Tie and i cannot remember the Green Tie

miss placket was head mistress when i went 1956 c stream miss goodrich who became mrs bancroft when she left we had miss howarth who became mrs taylor she was our form teacher for the rest of our school years

Good to see you here Kath. It has been many years. Glad you enjoyed the photo. Sorry I don't have anymore. How are you liking SA?

Ayup KP, and welcome along.

PS, Ay a luk at yer gender mi duck!

I was in Florence Nightingale House Red Tie

Then there was Helen Slessor Yellow Tie

Marie Curie Blue Tie and i cannot remember the Green Tie

Hi KAT

I think you will find it was Mary Slessor yellow Helen Kellor green Marie Curie blue and Florence nightingale red i like you was in nightingale will see you later at breakfast morning.

Glad you got on ok Kath is it bringing back th memory . did you find the photo on Nethrfield 1912 if you did not speak to you soon BARB.

Good to see you here Kath. It has been many years. Glad you enjoyed the photo. Sorry I don't have anymore. How are you liking SA?

settled down well have great neighbours and cant beat the weather autumn now its 30 degrees most days my sister jean is visiting at the moment here for 6 weeksshe is enjoying it are going to uk in september for a visit and then on to malta another of our favorite places it was great to see that photo our mother was not one for saving photos so dont have any from school days am sure you would remember david russon who lived on cooper st he was my husband best man at our wedding 42 years ago still in touch with a few netherfield people by email alan moore graham crowe and dick slattery they all worked with my husband at trent concrete jimmy haywood and richard anderson also worked there at one time and of course mick mehew ran jackie bells with his dad for a long time how long have you been in aus

Not in Aus, Kath. Presently living in Georgia USA. Long story. Married in 1965. We were together almost 33 years. We emigrated to Canada in 1970. She died in 1999. I was on my own for two years. Nearly drove me nuts. Re-married a lady from Georgia whose husband had died. Moved down here to escape the VERY cold winters. Been in the US now about 8 years. I became a Canadian citizen and will remain one. If I were to find myself on my own again I would go back there. Two daughters and grandkids still there. I remember Graham Crowe and Richard Anderson quite well. So Mick Mayhew ran Jackie bells for a while eh? Great to touch base after so long.

I wonder if Mick Mehew is my cousin's husband?. His name is John Michael Mehew, married Janet Birch. Mehew is not a very common name I think.

I wonder if Mick Mehew is my cousin's husband?. His name is John Michael Mehew, married Janet Birch. Mehew is not a very common name I think.

Hi Katyjay

could posibly be if he came from the netherfield area i am 6 years younger but i nkow his dad kept jackie bells pub in netherfield. my older sister kpnuts and the older members knew him better than me though so she may add a reply to this when she sees it

babs

I don't know where he lived before marriage. I do know he had either a scooter or motorbike. Janet lived on Valley Rd, Carlton, the 'Alps' backed on to her back garden, so not sure if she went to Carlton Girls School or not. I do believe Carlton Forum was built on the alps, we used to go blackberrying there before it was built on.

I don't know where he lived before marriage. I do know he had either a scooter or motorbike. Janet lived on Valley Rd, Carlton, the 'Alps' backed on to her back garden, so not sure if she went to Carlton Girls School or not. I do believe Carlton Forum was built on the alps, we used to go blackberrying there before it was built on.

YES KATYJAY

PART OF THE CARLTON FOURUM WAS BUILT ON THE ALPS THE CAR PARK PLAYING FIELS AND DRY SKI SLOPE BUT THAT WAS NOT THERE FOR LONG I USED TO GO OVER THE ALPD A LOT AS IT WAS A PULIC FOOTPATH BETWEEN VALLY RD AND CONINGWORTH RD.USED TO GO OVER TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE CARLTON CARPARK WERE MY SISTER JEAN LIVED ON HIGHFIELD DRIVE AT THE BOTTOM END NEAR CARLTON I USED TO BABY SIT FOR HER EVERY SATURDAY FOR MANY YEARS UNTILL I HAD MY OWN CHILDREN . I WOULD SOMETIMES IN THE SUMMER TAKE THEM IN THE BEER GARDEN OF THE CARLTON AS THEY HAD SWINGS AND A SLIDE FOR THEM TO PLAY IN BUT IT WAS MAINLY SO I COULD SEE MY MATES AND TALK TO THEM LOOK AT ALL THE MOTOR BIKES.

Was the Carlton pub, the one that was in the triangle between Valley Rd and Foxhill Rd? If so, I think it was just across from my aunt and uncle's house.

Was the Carlton pub, the one that was in the triangle between Valley Rd and Foxhill Rd? If so, I think it was just across from my aunt and uncle's house.

YES THATS RIGHT

Once owned by the 'fantastic Fred Reacher' of the city ground fame.

the mick mehew mentioned was married to a janet they had 2 children think girls, micks dad was john mehew big notts county people always doing sponsers and fund raisers jackie bells was johns pub they ran it together

My Dad worked at Trent Concrete in the 50s & 60s

my husband roy parnham went there from school 1959 and was still there until his retirement in 2008 then we left uk in feb 2009 to come and live in south africa he would probably known your dad send me his name

Not in Aus, Kath. Presently living in Georgia USA. Long story. Married in 1965. We were together almost 33 years. We emigrated to Canada in 1970. She died in 1999. I was on my own for two years. Nearly drove me nuts. Re-married a lady from Georgia whose husband had died. Moved down here to escape the VERY cold winters. Been in the US now about 8 years. I became a Canadian citizen and will remain one. If I were to find myself on my own again I would go back there. Two daughters and grandkids still there. I remember Graham Crowe and Richard Anderson quite well. So Mick Mayhew ran Jackie bells for a while eh? Great to touch base after so long.

sorry about the slip we did a tour of canadian rockies i would say a part from south africa and malta one of the best holiday amazing scenery

Ayup KP, and welcome along.

PS, Ay a luk at yer gender mi duck!

aint quite got the hang of this yet not sure if i am doing it right what do you mean luk at your gender as yet although i am on not sure how i got there

kp, your gender is male in your profile, I'm pretty sure that's wrong eh? The Michael and Janet Mehew I know have 3 children. Andrew [b1965] Anita [b1966] and Patricia [1967]. I think they still live on Valley Rd. Aunty and Uncle lived at #57 all the while I was growing up. The council moved them into a house a few doors along while the house was modernised, but they decided to stay put after it was finished, and Janet & Mick live in that house now.

My Dads name was George Holmes and we lived on Southdale Drive in Carlton

• Upvote 1