We'd better watch it, or the women, sorry, ladies will be claiming that sexism is rife on here !

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Back home now after a week in Edinburgh and surrounds,visited lots of sights (tourist stuff) Wallace monument in Sterling,Loch Leven,New Forth road bridge viewing area,old Forth bridge viewing area,Fo

Today I have been scuba diving with only a bag of Walkers crisps there's enough air to last 3 hours.

I don't want the coat hanger when you're done with it either.

I'm also the boss, but madam refuses to accept the fact.

• Upvote 1

Just been reading that if we were to take into account "Shrinkflation" the actual rate of inflation would be significantly higher than that of the official figure.  Mind you.....I reckon the official figure is well out anyway!

• 4 weeks later...

There's constantly being mentioned on the news, that there is a worldwide glut of cheap oil on the market !

Well if that's the case, why have the main supermarkets, led by Tesco as usual put up their fuel prices 3p within the last couple of weeks ?

Back home now after a week in Edinburgh and surrounds,visited lots of sights (tourist stuff) Wallace monument in Sterling,Loch Leven,New Forth road bridge viewing area,old Forth bridge viewing area,Forth rail bridge in North Queensferry,Falkirk wheel,Falkirk Kelpies (massive stainless steel horse heads) plus many more attractions,point of this post,,,,Not one car park charge,all free parking,is it "Rip off Britain" or "Rip off England"? a mate picked us up from Newark rail station and was charged £5.00 to park his car there till our train arrived (about 20 minutes)

Rog

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Yes rip off England Rog.............except Bulwell,still free all day............paid £11.50 for all day in Rochdale recently..........same in Liverpool.......but this week in Manchester found one at £6 all day..........but machine would'nt take the new £1 coins......bloke in charge said don't worry mate pay when you come back''

On my return still didnt have any old £ coins...........and unbelievably he said ''thats ok mate have this one on me''............still some great folk about,he could have took my money and just pocketed it...............will treat him next time i'm there...................

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, plantfit said:

Back home now after a week in Edinburgh and surrounds,visited lots of sights (tourist stuff) Wallace monument in Sterling,Loch Leven,New Forth road bridge viewing area,old Forth bridge viewing area,Forth rail bridge in North Queensferry,Falkirk wheel,Falkirk Kelpies (massive stainless steel horse heads) plus many more attractions,point of this post,,,,Not one car park charge,all free parking,is it "Rip off Britain" or "Rip off England"? a mate picked us up from Newark rail station and was charged £5.00 to park his car there till our train arrived (about 20 minutes)

Rog

Same as hospitals in Scotland & Wales free hospital car parking also free prescriptions in Scotland & Wales for all ages !

Makes no sense to me !

• 1 month later...
On ‎25‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 1:28 AM, Compo said:

Just been reading that if we were to take into account "Shrinkflation" the actual rate of inflation would be significantly higher than that of the official figure.  Mind you.....I reckon the official figure is well out anyway!

I bet that governments are laughing their heads off, "real" costs going up but not showing in the cost of living so they don't have to index pensions etc.

Wages growth has stagnated so tax income will not grow and the next thing we will hear is "We cannot afford all the services that the public want"

To top it all Jaffa cakes have been reduced from 12 per pack to 10 the price of course was unchanged!

• Like 1

12 down to 10 ! Well that alone is worth starting a revolution !

• Like 1

What the feck is happening to the price of butter!  Every week the price of butter seems to go up - it's like petrol was a year or two ago.  This time last year a pack of Lidls butter was 75p This week it is £1.33 - and that's the cheapest I can find anywhere....and another thing: How the feck can that be less than 3% infated?!

Lidls sell much more UK products than they used too. There's always a limit to ones loyalty. Asda, is American owned, and you can bet your life that the majority of supermarkets are full of foreign shareholders ! And as for Tesco's........ Utterly criminal from the top downwards. 

Yes, I was only remarking to the missus on that yesterday, Compo. Lidl British unsalted butter, £1.35. A few months back it was it was just over a pound. Apparently, it's because dairy farmers have pulled back on production because they can't get decent prices any more.

• Like 1
On 29/09/2017 at 11:24 AM, catfan said:

Buy british, sod Lidl's !

Lidl's butter is Scottish,

• Upvote 1
On 29/09/2017 at 1:11 PM, TBI said:

Yes, I was only remarking to the missus on that yesterday, Compo. Lidl British unsalted butter, £1.35. A few months back it was it was just over a pound. Apparently, it's because dairy farmers have pulled back on production because they can't get decent prices any more.

Ah, that explains why Lidl's always runs out of butter by the time I get my shopping in on Wednesday mornings.  Their butter probably comes on the Thursday lorry. This never used to happen - always had plenty in stock.

Their milk and bread is British too, as I presume is most of the meat.

Got an awful surprise when I bought a tub of Johnson & Johnson cotton buds this morning ! 

Gone were the nice rigid blue plastic tubed ones, and were replaced by a really cheap white flexible thing resembling rolled paper. 

These seem to be a cheaper product then even J & J's rivals come up with. 

It's very difficult now to clean my ears, as they get very bendy when I've got  out of the shower. 

Oh yes, it's probably H&S at work again!

You shouldn't put owt smaller than your elbow in yer tab holes Fly, delicate things them tab holes

Rog

• Like 1

It's just after a shower, when I like to remove any excess water. You wouldn't want me to be unbalanced would you ?

1 hour ago, FLY2 said:

Got an awful surprise when I bought a tub of Johnson & Johnson cotton buds this morning ! 

Gone were the nice rigid blue plastic tubed ones, and were replaced by a really cheap white flexible thing resembling rolled paper. 

These seem to be a cheaper product then even J & J's rivals come up with. 

It's very difficult now to clean my ears, as they get very bendy when I've got  out of the shower. 

Oh yes, it's probably H&S at work again!

Oh you poor thing ! Wots wrong we a pipe cleaner anyway ? !