• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mick i just thought you would like a bit more info on the bikers video it was made by myself with a few old pics from my teenage years in the sixties. Most of the people in it lived in and around broxtowe and we used to meet at a youth club housed in the main hall of player secondary school and we used to hang out on broxtowe lane outside hadlums chippy and the cocked hat pub most of them will now be in their middle sixties and retired but it is nice to look back. all the best colin (tazraz7)

• Upvote 1

Thanks for that Colin.

Its a great Video and no doubt it will bring back memories to some here.

Some may even recognise themselves.

Hi Mick i just thought you would like a bit more info on the bikers video it was made by myself with a few old pics from my teenage years in the sixties. Most of the people in it lived in and around broxtowe and we used to meet at a youth club housed in the main hall of player secondary school and we used to hang out on broxtowe lane outside hadlums chippy and the cocked hat pub most of them will now be in their middle sixties and retired but it is nice to look back. all the best colin (tazraz7)

Hi Tazraz

Great photoes brings back memories to many even if we wert on them. looking for this type of photo for our memoribilla wall at the Whitehart Lenton many old and new bikers are using this pub once again any chance of getting copies of some of them essepecially the ones with you on the bikes and in front of the bridge. We are usually down there any Thursday night or you can send them via our private email address . Big bikers reunion on June 26th at the Whitehart Lenton from 2pm onwards all are welcome and annual rockers reunion at the ship in Skegness 6th 7th and 8th of August over 400 bikes old classic and new turned up last year a great weekend for all old rockers see rockers reunion site Nottingham Aces Mansfield white cross for more details ALL ARE WELCOME. Come for just a day or the whole weekend its a site to see and so many old face and memories estimated over 600 people turned up last year over the weekend and we already know of many more who say they are comming this year for those who still have classic bikes there will be a show on the Sunday with prizes for best in show.

Hi Piggy yes you are welcome to use my pics i will send them all i need is your email address all the best col

Thanks tazraz will send you a pm with our email address in .

• 1 month later...

Hi Tazraz

Great photoes brings back memories to many even if we wert on them. looking for this type of photo for our memoribilla wall at the Whitehart Lenton many old and new bikers are using this pub once again any chance of getting copies of some of them essepecially the ones with you on the bikes and in front of the bridge. We are usually down there any Thursday night or you can send them via our private email address . Big bikers reunion on June 26th at the Whitehart Lenton from 2pm onwards all are welcome and annual rockers reunion at the ship in Skegness 6th 7th and 8th of August over 400 bikes old classic and new turned up last year a great weekend for all old rockers see rockers reunion site Nottingham Aces Mansfield white cross for more details ALL ARE WELCOME. Come for just a day or the whole weekend its a site to see and so many old face and memories estimated over 600 people turned up last year over the weekend and we already know of many more who say they are comming this year for those who still have classic bikes there will be a show on the Sunday with prizes for best in show.

NOW ON COUNTDOWN TO BIG ROCKERS REUNION WEEKEND IN SKEGGY ONLY 18 DAYS LEFT AUST 6TH 7TH 8TH AUGUST

AT THE SHIP CASTLETON BULEVARD. WELL WORTH COMING AND HAVING A LOOK EVEN IF ITS ONLY FOR A DAY TRIP SATURDAY AND SUNDAY ALL ARE WELLCOME EVEN IF YOU WERE NOT A ROCKER IN THE 60S OR 70S MANY OLD FACES BIKES CLASSIC MODERN TRIKES.

EVEN A DISPLAY OF NEW NORTON BIKES THIS YEAR CURTESY OF THE NORTON FACTORY CASTLE DONINGTON.

SO IF YOU ARE THIS WAY OR JUST WANT A GOOD DAY OUT COME AND SEE US AT THE SHIP.

SUNDAY THE 8TH RIDE OUT FROM THE WHITEHART LENTON TO THE SHIP BIKERS WILL ARRIVE APROX 12.30PM AT THE SHIP BIKE SHOW IN THE AFTER NOON. ALL RIDERS WILL MEET UP IN BOUGH LE MARSH MARKET PLACE WERE THEY WILL BE MET BY BIKERS ALREADY IN SKEGGY BEFORE RIDDING ENMASS UP TO THE SHIP

MEET WHITE HART LENTON BY NINE THIRTY AM RUN STARTS 10AM. PUB WILL BE OPEN FOR TEA COFFEE AND TOILETS FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO GO ON THE RUN.

HOPE TO SEE SOME OF YOU THERE I AM GOING FRIDAY TILL MONDAY AND REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO IT .TRYING TO STAY IN AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE THIS MONTH TO SAVE A BIT OF MONEY BUT DONT SEEM TO BE WORKING HAD SO MANY INVITES OUT TO LOTS OF DIFERENT THINGS THIS LAST FEW WEEKS DONT KNOW WETHER I AM COMMING OR GOING TO MANY EARLY MORNINGS AND LATE NIGHTS NOT HELPING MUCH .

ONLY 11 DAYS NOWOR 250 HOURS AND I WILL BE THERE FOR ANOTHER GREAT WEEKEND WITH BIKERS OLD AND NEW WE ARE GOING FRIDAY TO MONDAY. REALLYREADY FOR THIS NEED A BIT OF A BREAK AND A GOOD TIME .

WELL THIS TIME NEXT WEEK I WILL BE THERE AND THEN THE FUN WILL BEGIN. I AM SURE PIGGY WILL BE TAKING PLENTY OF THEM. MANY ON ROCKERS REUNION SITE WERE TAKEN BY HIM LAST YEAR AND HE ONLY TOOK 2 CAMERAS WITH HIM THIS YEAR HES GOT 3. 2 DIGITAL AND HIS OLD SLR CAMERA OVER 40 YEARS OLD BUT STILL TAKES SOME GREAT PICS SO LOOK OUT SKEGGY HERE WE COME . AND AS PIGGY SEZ IF YOU HERE NEWS OF A BEACH WHALE IT WILL BE ME ON THE BEACH. AND THE CROWDS WILL BE TRYING TO PUSH ME BACK IN.

BABS

One of these days I'll ship my KZ-650 over there and join in with all this stuff! Looked at renting a bike in the U.K. but the prices are crazy - start at 100quid/day! Out of my range I'm afraid.

However, when I win the lottery...

wish somebody would lend me a rocket goldstar for the day then again i probably would not be able to put it on the stand these days let alone ride it. but i will try and have a ride up to skeggy for the crack post-1659-003152700 1281038167_thumb.jpg on sunday in car if my missus will drive me back when im pissed lol xx

Getting on the stand wouldn't be a problem - getting it started however...

• 1 year later...

I seem to remember the local boxer Wally Swift's brother was a biker and used to hang out there. We formed a biker's club on Aspley Lane ( Methodist Church) called the 77.

later joined with the lads from bilborough and became 41 club because of orrinally 41 members met at the grange tremain rd for many years, i went to 77 a few times and was a member of 41 club from about 1968 piggy joined when he came out the airforce in 1974. by the way for anyone who may be interested this years rockers reunionwill be 3rd 4th 5th august looks like it will be another great year,our digs already booked and paid for.

2easyco, I remember the 77 club, do you remember Simmo (Mick Simpson), Mick Pinder & a guy called Beau' (Bo) who rode a big Bonneville bike & had a blonde girlfriend?

• Upvote 1

2easyco, I remember the 77 club, do you remember Simmo (Mick Simpson), Mick Pinder & a guy called Beau' (Bo) who rode a big Bonneville bike & had a blonde girlfriend?

Yes, all old mates, saw Bo in the Nag's Head Bobber's Mill last month.

Don't think I could manage a kickstart these day's. But never thought I'd be riding at 64! Especially a Kawasaki ZZR1400: 0-60 in 2.4secs, 186mph top speed (restricted) and 190BHP! Lovin' it.

was that Beau (bolstridge) who lived on Melbourne Rd? never recall him on a bonnie, but did get him his road rocket which he did up to RGS spec, re 77 club, managed to put my bonnie through the fence outside the church! never fell off, bike wedged upright in it, still can't bend r. thumb properly as trapped between clip on and tank, Grrrr!

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yea this video has been blanked by utube due to copywrite the world has gone mad they dont want us to have any anything not even our memories every day they are chipping a bit more from us they dont want us to smoke drink or drive our cars they just want to work us to death they even want to take our bank holidays off us now the feel good factor has gone every body looks miserable there is nothing to look forward to anymore why do we put up with this. George Orwell was spot on big brother is here thank God im on my way out and not just starting