Please support us!!

Hi Everyone, we have a local issue up here where one of our long serving Volunteer Coastguards was dismisssed for swearing during a difficult call out, his team resigned en mass in his support. I was wondering if any of you would look at this and see it as grossly unfair, if so, could you please sign the petition, it only takes two mins and you can sign as anonymous if you like.Our Coastline is only protected by 3 people now and lives could be lost. If you have a Facebook account you can see the progress made by clicking on the link. Thanks in anticipation of your support.

Owdtite..

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=116352405041814

http://www.gopetition.co.uk/online/35709.html

I have a heck of a lot of respect for the men that do this job.

Signed.

Me too Stu, this is a case of PC pen pushers gone mad, these men give up their free time, unpaid, risk their lives on every call out and this is how they get treated...Thanks for signing Stu, it is most appreciated.

Owdtite.

Signed here too, and a big extra link on my facebook page.

Signed here too, and a big extra link on my facebook page.

Thanks so much Beefy, This is one travesty that we are not going to let go of, we will win this at all costs. The MCA dont seem to care that lives could be lost just because of their stupidity, Mr. Macleod has given the 44 years of his time, saved many lives and then gets the sack for letting out a swear word, if he was rescuing me he could use any language he wanted to. The sad thing is he apologised but volunteers have no employment rights like paid workers do, if his Boss says he is sacked then sacked he is!

Owdtite.

Thanks Ashley, I knew the good people of Nottingham are the ones to turn to when you have an injustice to support, to me, this one is out of this world, no warnings, no chance to explain, just straight out the door after 44 years of unpaid service, all down the pan because the Guy lost his cool for a few seconds, my God, he's only Human. The funny thing is that Norman, his Son and Grandson were featured in a recruitment campaign not so long ago.....I will post the link, they are near to the bottom of the page! Many thanks to all of you for the support!..... http://www.cromercoastguard.co.uk/images/recruitment.pdf Owdtite.

These guys risk their lives to save others you have my support one little swear word should not matter

Signed

Thanks Fynger and Carltongal, your support is appreciated very much.

We are sharing our campaign with another group of coastguards from Flamborough Head, I am sure that most of us from Nottingham have visited there at sometime in our lives. The MCA have let this station deteriate over the years so much that they have now closed it, if there is an incident there now the coastguards have to come all the way from Bridlngton. So yet again, the MCA have put money before lives, they seem to like making decisions that put lives at risk. I hope both campaigns have an impact and we have a happy ending for both. Thanks once again!!

Owdtite.

Petition signed - can't believe this has happened without some sort of discussion between management and work force. 44 years dedication against one mistake. The management should go!

I've got you at least another 20 signatures off of my aviation websites !!

My thanks to everyone who has taken an interest in this, your support is most welcome, at the moment the FB page has 2600 members and the petition is coming up to 1500 names. This is wonderful support for a team that is hundreds of miles away from most of you and tucked away in a small town in the far North of Scotland!! I often wonder why these Guys risk life and limb doing an unpaid job in some of the foulest weather imaginable while we are all tucked up in our warm beds. To me, they are Heroes, everyone of them and am only glad to lend a hand to them when they themselves find they are in trouble through sheer stupidity and beaurocracy. I am determined that we are going to win this and get these Guy's back where they belong, saving lives!!

Thanks Again.

These guys risk their lives to save others you have my support one little swear word should not matter

Signed

SIGNED,

What does a swear word made when a rescuer is under pressure matter when a life or lives are being saved.been there doneit got the teeshirt

"AND SWORE"

Signed. BTW Owdtite you are no longer the most northerly UK resident on Nottstalgia. Greetings from 60* North.

Hi Oldace, hope you enjoy it as much as I do, whilst I loved Nottingham in my younger days I have no will to go back there. My last visit was in 2001 to bury my mother and I cant see me ever going back again. I take it you must be in Shetland or Orkney's then? Thanks for your support on the petition!!

Owdtite.

Hi Owdtite, Yes we live just outside Lerwick, the lifeboat is well supported here. We were last in Nottingham last month,we enjoyed the real ale and the improvement in air quality, didn't enjoy the vomit on the streets and the boarded-up pubs.

Up here we are coming to the time of the Simmer Dim, I'm looking forward to sitting in the garden after midnight, sipping a beer and watching the bees pollinate the roses. That's right, it doesn't get dark.

HEY UP OLD ACE.

We have worked out who you are.Why did you not pop down to the whitehart while you were here in notts lots of old aces still about waiting to see you again. Even got a couple of photoes of you up in the biker bar . Piggy says the reward is not much so your safe.we hope in the near future this bar is to change its name to the ace bar as a reminder to every one of all the old bikers who used the old whitehart .If you have any old photoes we could use ether send in a pms or post on this site or if you are comming to skegness bring them with you .

best wishes

piggy and babs.

Just to keep you informed, the Facebook Page now has 2871 Members and the petition now has 1628 names on it.

That is a fantastic achievement and I would like to thank all the Folk on this Forum who have supported it! When you look on the petition there are names from all over the world but the ones from the Nottinham area seem to jump out at you!!!.. :biggrin:

Thanks once again, the hard work is well underway lobbying MP's and e-mailing newspapers and if you could pass on the link I would be most grateful.

Owdtite.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to keep you up to date with the campaign.....Last Night we celebrated the number of members joining the Facebook page at 3000, this is a fantastic effort and I would like to thank everyone on here who has joined or signed the petition for us. We have had worldwide support, the petition is coming up to 2000 and then I think we will forward it to the new Minister for Transport.I have been looking at the possibility of taking the case to tribunal, normally Volunteers dont get that luxury but I have found a technicality that should allow us to proceed. I have contacted the acting CEO of the MCA of this technicality and have asked him to mediate and investigate the sacking but as I thought, he came back and said his Managers had acted properly at all times. Never mind, I dont give up that easily.

Will keep you informed of progress.

Thanks again..Owdtite.