W CRANE SCHOOL DANCE

BARRIE-M,

Hi I can't be the only one to remember the Crane School dance in the 1950's I would love to hear from any of you that are still around we had some great Saturday night hops.

some people I would like to hear of are joe smith arlene edwards pat birkhead frank farmer noel simms brian bexon john talbot barbara levett paulene hodgkinson margaret timmins and her sister gloria I lost contact with all of these when I went ito the army for my anatioal service.

there were loads more as about 300 went to the dances every Saturday night.

BARRIE MALTBY

Hi I never went to Crane School, but I lived and worked around aspley and broxtowe from 1939-1957,

I had loads of friends who went to Crane School where did your brother live in aspley,Ilived on aspley lane opposite King George 6 playing fields

I don.t remember the park on Bells lane,most of the youth in the 50's used either Basford Hall" FOWLERS POND" or Cinderhill/Stockhill Park.

Iused to deliver meat on Amesbury Circus one of my customers was mrs timmins,she had 2 daughters GLORIA and MARGARET,I think Margaret married Malc White off Tilbury Rise

There was a big park and little park on Amesbury Circus, with playing fields in the middle of all the houses. Crane senior boys used to use this field, the girls used the field in the middle of the school. The field on Amesbury Circus is now a new school, so I've been told. Not been up there since 1998 so haven't seen it. I do believe it replaced some of the Crane school on Minver Cres, that was pulled down. I'm sure someone on here knows more about it than I do. I think the little park is now a community center?

I was at Crane for my whole school life from late 40s to late 50s, early 60s, but I do not recall any Saturday night dances. I do however recall Thursday night dances arranged by Gordon Cley, 'Skip' of the Aspley Boys Club. As far as I remember, they took place in the Crane Junior Boys' Hall.