Interesting and somewhat different to my findings, the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.

I saw your page before but discounted it for the number of different sources quoted, it looks like cherry picking facts to reinforce his pro mobile stance.

Have I ever been on a bus? mmm yeah I remember... 1972 or thereabouts...

The source I used is:

https://www.perficientdigital.com/insights/our-research/mobile-vs-desktop-usage-study

https://gs.statcounter.com/platform-market-share/desktop-mobile-tablet/united-kingdom

However both your quote and mine are a long way from 80% though I have no doubt we will get there eventually.

You gave me an idea so I checked on my Samsung,and my Motorola then  her Apple. Both Androids displayed fine with what seems to be a mobile version and both offered an option to 'see the PC version'. Tried it an it doesn't fit on the screen properly.  First time I've looked at NS onnaphone, I might even do it again - you may yet bring me round to the dark side - damned if I can type on it though.

Another thing to bear in mind is the age range of people in the debate about phones or desktops or tablets etc.

It gets a mention in one of those stat tables; the younger age group are more likely to be using a phone, whereas older people are more likely to be on a desktop.

As the average age on Nottstalgia is likely to be in the older range, I'd guess more NS people look at the site on a desktop/tablet than on a phone.

My obviations are just from daily life, just done Bramcote Lane every cafe, coffee shop & both dentists waiting rooms, even people driving theirs car are viewing something on their mobiles, you get FREE WIFI on buses, cafes, pubs, trains, even sitting in Nottingham Market Square! This malarkey will never catch on :crazy:

Tip for you when viewing Nottstalgia on you smart phone untick desktop site its more mobile friendly.

Posted while walking up Woodbank Drive ....... technology :crazy:

• Like 2

I'm impressed! I can't type on my phone properly when sitting down never mind walking. Just be careful of lampposts! 

17 hours ago, Brew said:

Just be careful of lampposts!

And the scrotes on scooters who ride past and nick phones!!