England, back home soon

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1/ need to stop people quoting last item.. 2/ have a thick skin 3/ have plenty of time to spare 4/ learn how to deal with ''Assholes'' 5/ be a nice person 6/ oh yes a ''sense

• 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...

I know we can all go off on a tangent with posts, but I think, as does a couple of others, posting stuff about the black royal mail box was way off topic, so I have hidden the posts.

2 hours ago, Ayupmeducks said:

I know we can all go off on a tangent with posts, but I think, as does a couple of others, posting stuff about the black royal mail box was way off topic, so I have hidden the posts.

Is " hidden "  another word for deleted?

• Like 1

Hidden means just that, hidden from members, but staff can still see them.

11 minutes ago, Ayupmeducks said:

Hidden means just that, hidden from members, but staff can still see them.

Thanks for the info. I'm just wondering what is the point of only staff seeing them and not the members, surely it would better to delete the posts, if staff don't agree of the contents.

• Like 1

Deleted is just that, gone forever, sometimes a mod will hide what he or she thinks should be removed, and left that way until other mods or Admin thinks it's harmless and removes the hidden status.

30 minutes ago, Ayupmeducks said:

Deleted is just that, gone forever, sometimes a mod will hide what he or she thinks should be removed, and left that way until other mods or Admin thinks it's harmless and removes the hidden status.

So, if I understand correctly the posts I put on here is decided by Admin and Mods and their opinions as to what is suitable, so what happens if Admin & Mods have  different opinions. I have seen many times posts on here that should be " Hidden or " Deleted "

All seems a bit hit and miss.  One member on here,  (no names no pack drill )  posted content that Admin or Mod disagreed with and was told off , and not only that it was there for all to read, which I and many others thought was very unfair.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

This is not the site I joined all those years ago, no longer able to post what you want "within reason" admin and mods frightened of upsetting snowflakes and thin skins, the delete/hidden button is all too easy to use these days, what has happened to this site? What has happened to proper Notts folk, losing their identity thats what, no longer allowed to have an opinion and say things how they are,I don't agree with posting hurtful things but come on Nottstalgia get a life,  "Think before you "Delete/Hide"

Rog

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3
46 minutes ago, plantfit said:

This is not the site I joined all those years ago, no longer able to post what you want "within reason" admin and mods frightened of upsetting snowflakes and thin skins, the delete/hidden button is all too easy to use these days, what has happened to this site? What has happened to proper Notts folk, losing their identity thats what, no longer allowed to have an opinion and say things how they are,I don't agree with posting hurtful things but come on Nottstalgia get a life,  "Think before you "Delete/Hide"

Rog

If you use any kind of social media then be prepared to get your feathers ruffled.  Btw how do you get to become admin or mod, just wondering.

1/ need to stop people quoting last item..

2/ have a thick skin

3/ have plenty of time to spare

4/ learn how to deal with ''Assholes''

5/ be a nice person

6/ oh yes a ''sense of humour must help''

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

Also, be well prepared for criticism, and dealing with people who possess different views and opinions. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

I did not see the posts that were deemed to be offenisive so can not comment but could those comments  not just be removed and leave the ones posted before. We all had differing opinions which is good as the outcome to this will affect us all, we  come across things that we disagree with all the time and can at times have lively discussions but that's life.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, FLY2 said:

Also, be well prepared for criticism, and dealing with people who possess different views and opinions. 

covered that FLY...............Under Assholes.................lol....................only joking

• Upvote 1

@ Tompa, "How do you get to be an Admin"  First Mick has to know you and trust you, he's known me since he started this site, he also knows I'm owner and Admin of a site older than this one, so he could check on how I run that site.

So far his only criticism of me is I'm not tough enough, other than that he obviously trusts all his moderators, the rest he's met many times in person, I'm the only one he hasn't met yet, but hoping one year he visits the states, he will drop by my place and spend  some quality time with myself and my wife, maybe do a bit of target shooting and downing a few cold beers.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Ayupmeducks said:

the black royal mail box 

The most offensive post concerning Shamima Begum was actually yours Ayup?  See above, usually you stick LOL the end of your so called funny posts, you shouldn't really laugh at your own jokes & I don't think no one did? 

• Like 3

TBH, I don't see anything offensive?? The black garb they wear appears to look like a black Royal Mail box, if it's offensive, then surely the black garb they wear is offensive???  Personally I find that kind of clothing extremely offensive to ALL free thinking women. Some input by our female members might clarify that issue.

The posts weren't removed for being offensive anyway, they went off an above normal tangent away from the original topic. Even you complained about that...Am I missing something??

• Like 1

Just to get back to the Shamima Begum case before the delete/hide police start hitting buttons, has anyone thought that with her being a vulnerable 15 year she was let down by the British establishment in allowing her to be brainwashed by some terrorist organisation and why as a minor was she allowed to leave this country unaccompanied by an adult, don't think I'm defender her,I am certainly not and believe this country is better off without such heartless,UK hating people,It's just a question that has not cropped up in this thread

Rog

• Like 2

Am I missing something here or is it just a slanging match? It's certainly not a mutual admiration society. But then again, what do I know !!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Tek no notice Barrie.......some folk just can't help it........was going to put   LOL........but some folk moan about that as well....................

• Like 1