England, back home soon

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1/ need to stop people quoting last item.. 2/ have a thick skin 3/ have plenty of time to spare 4/ learn how to deal with ''Assholes'' 5/ be a nice person 6/ oh yes a ''sense

5 minutes ago, Beekay said:

What does LOL mean anyway? Told you I was missing something Ben. B.

Laugh out Loud.……..  Internet language

Just now, Tompa said:

Laugh out Loud.

What's the point in putting lol ?? No-one can see if your laughing or not. It would be easier to answer with something like, " laugh, I nearly wet myself !!" That way readers will know you enjoyed something. But maybe I'm being a bit naïve. B.

• Like 2

I use it too much probably..........................i don't use it to say i'm laughing.........i use it mostly to say   ''Only Joking'' 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, catfan said:

After all it's just FB slang.

Remind me to "inbox" you !

Sorry CF but I'm no wiser. Don't know what FB means or to 'inbox' me. Told you I was a bit dim. I've noticed in my short time on here that a number of contributors use initials, but to me it's almost shorthand. B.

• Like 1
On 2/18/2019 at 10:45 AM, Gem said:

I did not see the posts that were deemed to be offenisive so can not comment but could those comments  not just be removed and leave the ones posted before. We all had differing opinions which is good as the outcome to this will affect us all, we  come across things that we disagree with all the time and can at times have lively discussions but that's life.

The snowflakes rule Gem, if a snowflake lost a friend or relative to a terrorist attack the snowflakes would soon change their tune. 

A terrorist is a terrorist in any language, Jamima Begum chose to join a terrorist organisation, although she now states she never actively took part in any terrorist activity, then her prove that.

A friend of mine lost his son to a terrorist attack in Afghanistan while serving in the British army, some things families never get over, ask these people what their thoughts are regarding Miss Begum.

So much for cultural enrichment, it never worked & never will when there are such diverse communities trying to live side by side, never mind what the snowflakes tell you.

I think Ayupmiducks was correct by hiding certain posts, sadly the world these days has thought police around every corner. Freedom of speech as we used to know is sadly disappearing.

• Like 2

LOL was around years before FB was ever thought of, probably came from cell phone texting abbreviations.

I recall LOL was being used on the Friends Reunited  site some 16 years back, the place where this site sprang from. One of our late early members was the one who invited me here, she sadly passed on a few years ago, and is still missed.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, catfan said:

I read today the Esther McVey a high ranking Tory politician doesn't know where Leeds is !  LOL

Surely everybody knows, it's in Cornwall, just passed Lostwithiel. !! (Where the pasties grow).

Beekay,    They are Acronyms:       abbreviation consisting of the first letter of each word,   LMAO =  Laughing My Arse Off  

Thank you o' wise Tompa. Without your omnipotent knowledge, I am but merely a grain of sand in life's desert. I bow to your teaching. B.

9 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Thank you o' wise Tompa. Without your omnipotent knowledge, I am but merely a grain of sand in life's desert. I bow to your teaching. B.

Not wise at all, had to look it up mesen. Just thought I was helping out.

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, Tompa said:

Not wise at all, had to look it up mesen. Just thought I was helping out.

But it's knowing where to look. That's the secret of intelligence. B.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

If you go to fight against your own country then you deserve to have everything stripped away from you & that means your rights to be British.

englandflag

NB. Some shocking examples in this tread of quoting the previous post, please do not quote me, it’s above for all to see.