England, back home soon

have told you will win today, could even go through with a draw so long as it's 3-3 and usa draw 0-0, wife doesn't think so, (singing Scotland the brave and waving blue and white flags)

I was at the Simmer Dim Bike Rally this weekend, the World Cup was far from everyones mind except for one wee Glaswegian who was going around shouting 'England lost 0-0'. He eventually gave up when he realised that neither the 250 Scots nor the 150 English present didn't care one iota.

Later he shared his excellent single malt (Jura) with our table, Thanks Ian McGrath.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1/ need to stop people quoting last item.. 2/ have a thick skin 3/ have plenty of time to spare 4/ learn how to deal with ''Assholes'' 5/ be a nice person 6/ oh yes a ''sense

Hmmm, yes they won, an improvement on last 2 games, but hardly convincing? say for example there had been a goalkeeping error, could you see England scoring another? and that would have been that, out of it. Don't get me wrong I'm as much an England fan as the next man but I sometimes wonder if I'm watching same game as these tv presenters and pundits raving about a great 1-0 win over a country with less than 2 million population. !englandflag!

Not a Notts fan by any chance tony? lol, when I used to go regularly to see them there'd be blokes going on about what a great game it had been when Notts had lost, to me it was a great game when we got 3 points with a 1-0 even if 89 mins of boring stuff, lol

S***! Germany just took the lead, looks like we're playing the third reich sunday

Get 'em out of the way now , (It'll give us plenty of penalty practise for later rounds)

Incedentaly Nicolas Anelka got sent home early from the French world cup squad for calling their manager names, I sent Fabio Cappello an email saying that Emile Heskey had called him a W**ker

Yes happy days, was the old "cowshed" stand still there then? Only went in it once but memorable as a snow storm arrived which sort of trapped Nottingham's industrial smoke (and that from house coal fires) resulting in a thick fog (smog?) and heavy snow at same time! with game being stopped, can't remember if pre floodlight era? know I went to some early kick off mid winter ones thus.

Only 14 teams left now, 12 after today! have mixed feelings re England's chances now, at times I look at them and think hopeless, at others why not? it's a funny finals and could well be the year of the underdog? then again still some big names there

Listening to ESPN Radio, Germany is thrashing England.

4-1 now, I might just shoot down to Heathrow to welcome them home.....not !!!!

When are the UK going to get a decent team? Is it because we rely on Foreign players in the premiership and SPL instead of grooming our own kids????

Come on the new Coalition Govt, put more money into kids sports !!

Owdtite....Ex centre half for Bilborough Rangers...... :rolleyes:

Well I wasn't far out! one extra game, true we had a perfect goal disallowed but we were outclassed and in a way glad it happened. Thought all along we weren't good enough, as for the blame well where do you start?

Alot can be put down to the FA, are you telling me there isn't an english manager who couldn't do better than that clown? Just because a manager has had success at a club where he can buy in any player he wants (££££££'s) be them italian, brazilian or whatever doesn't mean he can mould a load of nationals into world beaters, would also help if he spoke english and knew a few of the country's players!

Then theres the man himself, is he some sort of moral crusader? does having an affair with a mate's girlfriend mean a man incapable of captaining England? and what's more important winning or being seen to do what he thinks is right thing imagewise? also said all along the front line was rubbish, why did he take Crouch? was that in case we had to face Japan or the Korean's? why did he not take Walcott? why did he take Heskey? why did he play Green v USA? why did he suddenly seem to not understand english after the match yesterday? always does if they win! "we've been practicing penalties every day" ought to try practicing playing playing a game!

As for the team, rubbish! more interested in image and money, and "world class" Rooney, might as well have played Mickey Rooney Fat and Unfit, you see in time it will come come out he was either injured or unwell? not sure if him conning the team and country or some ploy similar to when they played Beckham when clearly past it, sort of a talisman?

Yeah - I watched it - very disappointing.

What I found slightly interesting was the attitude of the commentators to Rooney.

Whenever he got the ball they shouted, "ROONEY", as if something wonderful was about to happen and when he lost it again they made all sorts of excuses. "Oh - the pass was too far ahead." or "Oh dear - slightly out of position."

Very disappointing.

Whilst nearly in total agreement with you Ash , I'd just like to add a couple of penny'orths

In my opinion the blame falls squarely at the feet of the FA for allowing the formation of the Premier league , none of the 'big' clubs are bringing any players through the ranks as they used to, and they are not looking at the lower league clubs to buy the talent they have nurtured!!

Only two decent English managers, Harry Rednapp who's in deep doo doo for dodgy dealings, and Roy Hodgson , who in my opinion is a bit too old.

And to compound mattersTerry's afair was with a team mates EX girlfriend

I see one or two of the FA godfathers saying Copoffo is still the best man for the job, know they are trying to save face and money, but god help us! and the jocks now getting in on the act saying they'd have done as good, we must really be bad? Watched the team? arrive back yesterday, looked same at when they went, vacant expressions! reminded me of a posh school trip,

After being eliminated from the World Cup, England , Nigeria , Cameroon,

Ghana, Ivory Coast and Algeria are expected to arrive back home in Britain

later today..