Good, you tell em. That'll put the fear of God into them. Don't upset them or you'll get duff service in future!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've just had excellent Fish n Chips from Cods Scallops in Carrington. Everything is cooked to order and is certainly a cut above the rest. Can't see rubbish Panchos (just along the road) surviving much longer!!

• Upvote 1

I heard they were good once upon a time, must have been before we moved back to Nottingham because they are really terrible these days, a change of owner but same name I suppose.

• 9 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Jem,

I don,t recall that shop. My Dad had a fish and chip shop at 30 Nuthall Road. Anyone remember that one,would have been early 50,s 

16 hours ago, katyjay said:

Was it on the same row of shops as Pinketts, kj?

I don,t recall "Pinketts" His shop was next to the then Post Office, corner of Albert Ave. My Dad also made "crisps" in his shop which he delivered to the local pub,s. I also believe he made the first flavoured crisps. Also a fire broke out in the shop,attended by the local brigade. The story goes that he put on the beer for the guy,s after they put the fire out !!!. I would have been about 10 at the time and went to Whitemoor primary school. How,s your golf going?. Regards KJ 

Pinketts was the newsagents, first shop after crossing Bar Lane going to town. I can't remember where the post office was. Actually, thinking about it, I don't know where the numbers started on Nuthall Rd and I went along there for years. Golf game OK, thanks. Soon be too hot to play here, then we escape for 3 months. 

Us mere mortals have to make do with Bognor or Mablethorpe , depending what neck of the woods you live ! x

You are lucky enough to live near the coast, BK. Lovely area. 

kj, I did a street view of your old address to see where it was. Totally lost looking at the buildings around there. It has changed so much. Have you looked? Your old shop is flats now.

15 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

I’ve had to come indoors it was so hot. I am wearing a thick sweater and a gillet but still sticking to the maxim of not casting a clout ‘till May be out. 

Never cast a clout till May be out?

sorry Phil, no politics on here.

• Like 1
On 4/19/2019 at 5:17 AM, kj792 said:

My Dad had a fish and chip shop at 30 Nuthall Road. Anyone remember that one,would have been early 50,s 

18 minutes ago, katyjay said:

kj, I did a street view of your old address to see where it was. Totally lost looking at the buildings around there. It has changed so much. Have you looked? Your old shop is flats now.

It's here on Streetview.    https://goo.gl/maps/3W41kLkdmJ9RjXAb8         Looks like the Post Office has only recently closed down - or the windows have only recently been boarded up.

Re the above CT street view: The Post Office was in the premises on the corner (Nuthall Rd/Albert ave) where the black car is parked off road. The PO closed about 15 or more  years ago, the red/white shop has had a few uses over the years, the last I remember was a cafe/bap takeaway until a few years ago. That would be kt792's old shop.

Just flipping on Google maps and was amazed to see that the Mill cafe, Bobbers Mill is still in existence. Bet they don't serve the sausage splash sarnies that they used to, back in 1977 ! :hungr:

19 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Just flipping on Google maps and was amazed to see that the Mill cafe, Bobbers Mill is still in existence. Bet they don't serve the sausage splash sarnies that they used to, back in 1977 ! 

Actually they do BK...

Just now, Brew said:

Actually they do BK...

Brew,  do you mean like the pile of sausage meat they used to do. Every so often they would come and give it a stir. It was lovely, on a big thick slice of bread, with a splash of tomato if you wanted. I'm gonna call in if they do !