ab&mb

Fish & chips

Just flipping on Google maps and was amazed to see that the Mill cafe, Bobbers Mill is still in existence. Bet they don't serve the sausage splash sarnies that they used to, back in 1977 ! :hungr:

54 minutes ago, denshaw said:

Never cast a clout till May be out?

sorry Phil, no politics on here.

I like that Den!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Just flipping on Google maps and was amazed to see that the Mill cafe, Bobbers Mill is still in existence. Bet they don't serve the sausage splash sarnies that they used to, back in 1977 ! 

Actually they do BK...

Just now, Brew said:

Actually they do BK...

Brew,  do you mean like the pile of sausage meat they used to do. Every so often they would come and give it a stir. It was lovely, on a big thick slice of bread, with a splash of tomato if you wanted. I'm gonna call in if they do !

Thanks for that Brew, much obliged..:bighug:

I remember Staniforths chippy. Lived in the flat above the launderette next door. My aunt worked in the pork butchers on the corner of Denehurst and later owned the little grocery shop next door.

17 hours ago, Beekay said:

Just flipping on Google maps and was amazed to see that the Mill cafe, Bobbers Mill is still in existence. Bet they don't serve the sausage splash sarnies that they used to, back in 1977 ! :hungr:

Oh yes they do, was taken over a good few years ago but stayed with the sos sandwiches. Saying that, they don't spread it on with a trowel anymore! Still good value though.

Cheers Waddo, thanks for the reminder , ( ah, the days when we used park our SPD lorries there at the start of the day, it were a sea of white).

HAPPY EASTER !!

Interesting what a topic like "Fish and Chips" can dig up.Cliffton I have googled No 30 before. We Lived there 66 years ago. I remember The Mill cafe well my mother ran a hairdressing shop on the opposite corner. We used to sled down the hill from near the railway bridge dodging the trucks as they came from the Mill cafe.I see the "Nags Head" is still there,my Dads drinking hole. Over the years I have tried to find my old mates who lived in Albert and Cyril Ave but had no luck. Names were John Perry and Robin Soar. Any clues?