tapioca pudding

sago pudding

spotted dick & custard

semolina pudding

treacle tart

stewed apples & custard

egg custard yummy :P

Guest smithylass

ohhh no has to be that pudding that had a shortcrust pastry and a caramel topping.....just like mam use to make...ok mr kipling actually :D ..no really that was my fave school pudding :rolleyes:

:D You certainly did Caz..I had to go out and you was in like a frightened joey.. :D

B) My favourites are -

:P Rhubarb crumble

:P Jam sponge

:P Tapioca pudding

:P Sago pudding

:P Spotted dick

:P Treacle tart

:P Caramel tart

:P Apple Crumble

:P Bread and butter pudding

:P Prunes

:D All the about with CUSTARD and more CUSTARD....Yum.

If you ask your local "dinner ladies" they might give you the secret recipe for the "caramel" tart. All the ingredients are common apart from liquid butter essence. ( I did have a copy but could not get hold of the aformentioned ingredient)

If I was really desperate to make this tart kas would the liquid butter essence be an integral part of the recipe?? maybe if I just used butter in the ingredients it would suffice....what do you think??

If I was really desperate to make this tart kas would the liquid butter essence be an integral part of the recipe?? maybe if I just used butter in the ingredients it would suffice....what do you think??

I do not expect it would taste the same, as if "real" butter was used it would make it a little fatty. If I come across my copy I will post it (it was a photocopy, and it was before I had a clear up.)

• 10 years later...

Concrete Pudding and Strawberry Custard. I think it was a short bread. When you broke a piece off with the spoon, It used to fly off the plate if you didn't hold it down with your fork . Good Ammo!

I hated school dinners with a passion, after being forced to eat cauliflower cheese which made me very ill! The pudding I remember though was a treacle tart with cornflakes on top, it came in a huge square tin and was cut into slices and the corner pieces were the best! :)

Never a fan of puddings. My friend and I would smuggle lumps of pud on to the Arboretum in our hankies and feed it to the ducks.

We weren`t allowed to refuse puddings and we weren`t allowed to leave any.

Poor ducks!

If you ask your local "dinner ladies" they might give you the secret recipe for the "caramel" tart. All the ingredients are common apart from liquid butter essence. ( I did have a copy but could not get hold of the aformentioned ingredient)

Caramel tart was the best! Mam was a dinner lady at one of the schools in Clifton she was always told that one of the ingredients was only available in bulk, bet it was the butter essence!!

My hubby's aunt was a dinner lady and she wrote the recipe out for me, for Butterscotch tart, in measurements that didn't feed the proverbial 5000. Had to get the butterscotch flavouring from a certain shop IRRC, as it wasn't on the regular supermarket shelves. I know you can get it on line now. Tiny bottle, but it went a long way.