A bit of a do at the White Hart

I drove past the White Hart the other day.

Big do going on. Some nice bikes and a few good old boys there.

Think I saw it mentioned here earlier.

I would have dropped in for a quick one, but my manner of dress

was inappropriate. I would have looked a bit out of place.

Perhaps I could have approached one of the group and asked,

"Are you Piggy?" Perhaps not Eh?

I drove past the White Hart the other day.

Big do going on. Some nice bikes and a few good old boys there.

Think I saw it mentioned here earlier.

I would have dropped in for a quick one, but my manner of dress

was inappropriate. I would have looked a bit out of place.

Perhaps I could have approached one of the group and asked,

"Are you Piggy?" Perhaps not Eh?

WELL NEXT TIME YOU ARE GOING PAST AND WE ARE ALL OUTSIDE PLEASE CALL IN AND INTRODUCE YOURSELF AND ANY ONE ELSE WHO IS IN THE VACINITY PIGGY WAS BY THE GATE FOR A LOT OF THE DAY AND NO ONE WILL CARE HOW YOU DRESS IN THIS PUB AS LONG AS YOUR DRESSED A WARM WELCOME AWAITS EVERYONE AND WE ARE ALWAYS HAPPY TO SHOW PEOPLE ROUND OUR BIKERS BAR TO LOOK AT THE OLD PHOTOES AND MEMORIBILLIA WE HAVE IN THERE WE CAN ALWAYS BE FOUND IN THERE ON A THURSEDAY NIGHT

FURTHER TO MY REPLY TO GRUBER I WOULD LIKE TO ADD WHAT A GREAT DAY AND NIGHT THIS WAS WE RAISED ABOUT 300 POUNDS FOR CHILDRENS CHARITIES AT Q.M.C.IN ADDITTION TO HAVING A GREAT DAY WITH SOME GOOD MUSIC THROGHOUT THE DAY.

SOME OF YOU MAY HAVE SEEN IN THE NOTTINGHAM EVENING POST A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO THAT ALONG WITH THE PUB STAFF WE HELD A 4TH BITHDAY PARTY FOR A LITTLE BOY WHO IS ILL WITH LUKIMIA AT THE MOMENT AND ALSO RAISED £280 FOR CLICK SARGENT CANCER FUND AT THIS EVENT SO IN TWO EVENTS THIS MONTH WE HAVE RAISED NEARLY £600 WHICHWE HOPE TO IMPROVE ON SOON. AND EVERY ONE HAD A GREAT TIME TOO

Hi Babs.

I attended a Leeukaemia do in D*rby the other night.

80's disco and all the indian food you could eat.

Will have a run down the White Hart one night,

Yea I went, saw a few old mates, but more than one had to be introduced to me! likewise same with me, you go up to people and say ayeup, they stare rather cautiously then recognition dawns! mind you in some cases it has been 35 years! Some nice old bikes there inc 3 500cc Gold Stars, Nortons, Tritons etc, must be alot of fit people? I certainly wouldn't like pushing them home at my age

!rotfl!

Yea I went, saw a few old mates, but more than one had to be introduced to me! likewise same with me, you go up to people and say ayeup, they stare rather cautiously then recognition dawns! mind you in some cases it has been 35 years! Some nice old bikes there inc 3 500cc Gold Stars, Nortons, Tritons etc, must be alot of fit people? I certainly wouldn't like pushing them home at my age

!rotfl!

HI ASH

GLAD YOU ENJOYED IT IT WAS AGOOD DAY AND NIGHT.SOMEGREAT BIKES OLD AND NEW ABOUT 10 WERE PUT IN THE BIKES IN THE BACK BAR FOR THE NIGHT BECAUSE THEY HAD DRUNK MORE THAN THEY HAD INTENDED AND WE TOOK ONE YOUNG GUYS BIKE KEYS OFF HIM AS HE WAS SO DRUNK THERE WAS NO WAY HE COULD RIDE IT SAFELY. CAME BACK TO PICK IT UP SUNDAY AND THANKED US, OTHERWISE ALL IN GOOD WORKING ORDER AND WERE RODE HOMEBY OWNERS WHO HAD DRUNK SESIBLELY.

• 1 year later...

THIS YEARS BIG REUNION AT THE WHITEHART WILL BE 9TH JUNE I KNOW ITS A LONG TIME AWAY YET BUT PUT IT IN YOUR DIARIESPLANNING JUST STARTED BUT SHOUD BE A GOOD DAY AGAIN.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

i used to frequent the white hart in the early 60s i was a notts aces member too and 59 club member when i moved to London i was also a member of a certain group run by Friar who remembers bear and Big Rog from Northants and ivan who shaved half his hair and beard off at xmas and would have a suit that wasw half biker and half gentleman !rotfl!

I remember Rog from Northampton or was it Kettering? I Always got on well with Stiggy from that group, he seemed to be the only one who could keep Rog under some kind of control (sometimes).

Are you a Toreador Ace? What was your moniker?

The Nottingham Aces and Mansfield White Cross have a reunion at the Ship in Skeggy in August. All bikers are welcome, including those who where in the clubs that Friar and Rog were in, and all those who went to the Hart.

Piggy and Babs on this forum will have the details of this years bash.

I wondered why no mention of Stig, (he didn't like that name!) did you know how he and and Rog met up? lol, talking of Rog recall one night Lyn's (as in Gary and Lyn) mate came down the hart in her car, can't recall her name, she had a triumph vitesse convertable, think white or very light seats etc, Rog jumped in it dressed in his usual oil stained jeans and colours, nothing nasty intended, didn't intend nicking it etc, but she went ballistic! stains everywhere, course none of the lads said a deal!

HI SLADE , WHITE HART BIKERS NIGHT EVERY THURSDAY WHY NOT POP DOWN AND SAY HELL YOU WILL BE SURPRIZED WHO IS STILL ABOUT AND COMMING DOWN REGULARLY ,

THIS YEARS SHIP REUNION 3RD 4TH AND 5TH AUGUST ONLY 5 MONTHS TO GO ROLL ON ANOTHER GREAT WEEKEND .

I REMEMBER THAT INCIDENT ASH BUT LIKE YOU CARNT REMEMBER THE GIRLS NAME WILL HAVE TO ASK LYN NEXT TIME SHE COMES DOWN. SHE AND GARY HAVE BEEN A COUPLE OF TIMES SINCE LAST YEARS WHITE HART REUNION.BUT LIKE A LOT OF US OLD BIKERS LIKE TO COME WHEN WEATHER IS NICER AND WE CAN SIT OUTSIDE AND ENJOY THE FRESH AIR.

Hi Ash,

IIRC Stiggy had been a boxer and when they met they had a disagreement, resulting in a facial injury to Roger, might have been a broken nose, it appeared that thereafter, Stiggy, who you will recall was much smaller then Rog, was able to do what nobody else could, ie dissuade Roger from some of his more outlandish escapades.

I must admit that, when at the Hart, I avoided eye contact with him. Something that one unfortunate at Matlock did not do a few years later.