Hello Listers

I have a Death certificate of Mary Ann RETCHFORD died 1839 at 36yrs old, at the Union Work House in the Parish of St Mary. She died with Inflamation of the Lungs, A Barnett was the Master of this place of this time period.

Can any one tell me where she could have been buried and is the any info available of this place and any paper trail of her time there etc? ANYTHING!!!

Thank u!

Tony

Australia

hhoe.jpg

Oh dear..Your ancestor was in the workhouse that one of my distant relatives ran. I hope our 'Absalom' didn't give them a hard time.. :unsure:

At least they didn't finish up in Australia...:blink::laugh:

Absalom is a Jewish name....mixed blood and C of E for a long time now though.:rolleyes:

How'd u be! lol I have sent out a request for some records if available of my ancestor who was there..if I find any thing in there looks bad I know who to come back to!!!! lol

Actually 3 family members of the next generation did come to Australia for better life .

Actually 3 family members of the next generation did come to Australia for better life .

"Come to Australia???? Are you sure they weren't 'Sent'? The court house and dungeons were only 100 yards from Count Street...hundreds were transported from there.

"Come to Australia???? Are you sure they weren't 'Sent'? The court house and dungeons were only 100 yards from Count Street...hundreds were transported from there.

oh I am 100% sure they were not sent.. I have the shipping records !

Is that court house still there? bet the dungeon have some stories to tell!!