Hi All,

I've been trying to find the ROF NOTTINGHAM website. I know it disappeared for a while but I am almost sure It came back. I can not find it at the old url or on google.

Does anyone know what's happened to it?

Regards Paul

Welcome back, long time no see..."yer man" Ronnie Drew has passed on, in the meantime.

Some other ROF Nottingham links, which may be of interest

http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&source=hp&q=royal+ordnance+factory+nottingham&aq=1&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=Royal+Ordnance+factory&gs_rfai=&fp=2448a8284c6b9e7b

Cheers

Robt P.

• 1 year later...

I worked at the Royal Ordnance factory-they supported my motorcycling activities quite heavily at the time,though thankfully never found out.

Apparently during WW2, employees wore a lapel badge depicting a ficticious company and location,the idea presumably being that the enemy would be disorientated should the two meet.. It was a proper enamel badge,i think i have one somewhere.

• 4 years later...

#2 Rob - the picture of the apprentices was taken 2 years after I was in the apprentice training shop. A lot of familiar faces there. Harold Watkin the manager, Ernie Frake the supervisor Mr Slater the admin clerk. Somewhere I have a similar picture taken 2 years earlier.

PP, I'm afraid rob237 passed away about four years ago. He was a great friend of mine.

He was a good man, and a great loss to this site.

#2 Rob - the picture of the apprentices was taken 2 years after I was in the apprentice training shop. A lot of familiar faces there. Harold Watkin the manager, Ernie Frake the supervisor Mr Slater the admin clerk. Somewhere I have a similar picture taken 2 years earlier.

where is the picture ??