I'm really too sure if this go here... But here goes anyway...

Heya, I'm looking into moving to Nottingham at the end of september sometime with my ladyfriend.

Shes off to uni, I would like a new enviorment and be able to be around her =)

I'm sure the reasons sound silly, but this is something I'd really like to do.

I'm living in bristol with my mother right now but work 3 part time jobs to bring the money in.

Anyway, point of this is to ask if anyone has any tips... Aside from the obvious making sure you have a job and a place to stay.

Thank you in advance!

I've envied people moving to Bristol. what do you want from Nottingham? what music do you like?. which uni is your girlfriend going to? Lenton is good place to live for Nottingham Uni (between campus and town). Lots of things that were good about nottm have been destroyed by local council, but there's still plenty of music venues, sometimes markets in the square, the Lakeside theatre and gallery.

What do I want? Well really, its just a case of having a place to try and get out into the world a little bit. So long as it has some decent nightlife I should be fine when it comes to entertainment.

As for music, I'm all over the shop, but right now I'm really into my Progressive-Rock like Oceansize (Who are playing in Nottingham soon =D).

Her uni is just the umm, "The University of Nottingham".

Theatre and gallery junk does sound rather interesting though I must say!

Hi welcome.

Which part of the Uni is she at. I take it it is Nottm Uni, and not Nottingham Trent Uni (different)

Transport links are good in Notts.