You might find that you are getting a few new friends you have never heard of?

You can alter the setting from the user settings page in the "profile" tab.

and set it so that you have to approve your friends.

For those who have gained friends who you dont really want, I am working on the method of removal.

To remove unwanted friends:

Drop down top right/choose Manage Friends then click on the member in order to view their profile and then click "remove me as a friend".

Today Ken&co added a large number of members as friends.

I have already removed all of these 'Friends' so there is no need to visit his profile

and remove his friendship manualy yourself.

Do not bother replying to his friendship notification PM's as he can no longer see replies.

Nobody joins a forum and within a day or so adds total strangers to their friends list. I've never known anyone to do that in the almost ten years I've been around forums. Mind you, there's always one psycho!!

• 1 month later...

Other Rogue Registrations are adding regular members as Friends.

Therefore I repeat this advice.

To remove unwanted friends:

Drop down top right/choose Manage Friends then click on the member in order to view their profile and then click "remove me as a friend".

Also Do not email them through the email link. IT WILL SEND OUT YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS.

PMs are safer, but you really dont want to be conversing with these people.

Please do not trust, and report all PMs received from strangers.

The two posts above give an indication of the very strange characters to which this topic refers.

They hides behind a proxy server so that all their posts remain anonymous.

Would you want this person as a 'Friend'?

The two posts above give an indication of the very strange characters to which this topic refers.

They hides behind a proxy server so that all their posts remain anonymous.

Would you want this person as a 'Friend'?

Judging by his posts I would imagine this guy is friendless. OMG I have just fed a troll.

Judging by his posts I would imagine this guy is friendless. OMG I have just fed a troll.

I dont know about friendless but he certainly needs psychiatric help !!

And he hasnt realised yet that it takes a lot less effort for Mick to press the delete button than it takes him to post such poison!!!

Some people you just have to feel sorry for !!...Please get some help whoever you are !!

Owdtite.

You wont be hearing from Nottsfan again.

thumbsdown This whole things becoming such a distraction, it must take up far too much of your time, I salute your efforts...............but isn't there a more permanent solution? (legally I mean) abouttime

Regarding The ability to add friends.

I have raised it as a bug with the company that designed this forum software.

I requested that on the next update, the adding of friends requires approval by the person being added.

As apposed to how it is currently, If you add a friend, that friend is added without their approval.

Although its very nice to have friends, in some cases you need to be a bit choosy, especially if you are a woman.

Or in extreme cases, if you are a man and the rogue registration is a man pretending to be a woman.

If you are added as a friend by some strange person that you have not had contact with on the board please notify us.

I looked up the definition of "Friend":

-noun

1. a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.

2. a person who gives assistance; patron; supporter: friends of the Boston Symphony.

3. a person who is on good terms with another; a person who is not hostile: Who goes there? Friend or foe?

4. a member of the same nation, party, etc.

5. (initial capital letter) a member of the Religious Society of Friends; a Quaker.

Seems to me that, by any of these definitions, some of those claiming to be friends most definitely are NOT!

Ya know - we get these two repeatedly creating new registrations here only to complain about how the forum is managed and post junk. Two things come to mind - One, how does a new member have any idea about how the place is run? Second, they have been told that if they don't like how Nottstalgia operates, to go and start their own site where they can post all the junk they like - but still, they keep coming back!

Perhaps they have tried their own sites - either recently, or in the past, and they have been miserable failures. Perhaps they don't have the knowledge to start their own sites, or maybe they just get banned everywhere they go?

Very strange.

I use a site where they will only allow you to join if you use your E-mail addy that you are given when you sign up to your ISP (ie...@btinternet.com)....I coudnt join it 6 months ago cos I was having to use my Landlords Broadband, he had a 18 month contract on it so I had to use an Hotmail addy. I now have a BT internet account in my own name and so could join. They will not accept anybody using Hotmail, Google and other made up ady's. Applicants are vetted before allowed to join.Could something like this help on this site at all?

Owdtite

There's a few "fly's in the ointment" on that one, AOL for one, how do you know if it's a free email address or a genuine one?? The other being, many ISP's no longer issue email addresses and tell the client to use Yahoo, MSN, Hotmail or whatever.

I'm a member of several great sites, I obey their rules and expect to get sanctioned if I cross the line.

I have received complaints from members who have received strange and rambling PMs from Maxmillion.

If you have received one please let us know BY PM.

Do not post the content in open forum.

Maxmillion is now an ex member

inthebin.gif

Thanks

Thanks to all that responded to the requests for PMs that have been sent to you.

I am unable to reply to all notifications due to the volume and dealing with other aspects of this.

Unfortunately, You may receive more , but the alternative is to switch off the PM system,

But we are not going to prevent members being in touch with each other, as this is

the objective of their attacks.