Stephen Lawrence Merrett

Hello,

This person lived in Netherfield, born in 1950.....he went to the boy school and one of his mates was "Michael Fish...." something :) lol...sorry have not got better!

Anyway, feel free to post if you have any information!

HI FEZ

BET ITS A LONG TIME SINCE YOU HAVE BEEN CALLED THAT.I HAVE JUST REPLIED TO YOUR POST RE CHANDOS BOYS SCHOOL.

I REMEMBER YOU REALLY WELL AS I LIVES ON DEABIL ST TOO BEFORE MOVING TO LIVE NEXT TO CHARLIE DEENOON HIS SISTER LESLEY WAS MY BIG FRIEND

STILL SEE HER MOST WEEKS.DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM YET. I KNOW YOU AND CHARLIE ARE BOTH A FEW MONTH OLDER THAN ME BUT THINK YOU WERE IN MY CLASS AT ASWELL ST. SAW YOUR SISTER AT THE SCHOOL REUNION BEFORE IT CLOSED AND WAS PULLED DOWN. MY SPELLING IS A BIT BETTER THAN IT USED TO BE AT SCHOOL BUT HAVE TO STILL WORK AT IT AS I WAS TOLD I AM DISLEXIC IN LATER LIFE NOT STUPID AS SOME OF THE TEACHERS USED TO SAY.ILLSEE IF YOU CAN REMEMBER ME AND THEN TELL YOU IF YOU CARNT WAS A ROCKER IN MY TEENAGE YEARS AND I AM STILL INTO BIKES AS IS LESLEY SHE AND HER HUSBAND GRAHAM STILL RIDE ALTHOUGH WE ARE BOTH NOW DISABLED LESLEY HAS MS AND I HAVE BAD ARTHRITIS AND OTHER CONDITIONS SO I CARNT GET ON A BIKE ANYMORE. BUT WE WILL BOTH BE DOWN SKEGGY FOR THE BIG ROCKERS REUNION WEEKEND NEXT WEEKEND IT WAS GREAT LAST YEAR SO REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS YEARS.

Well well well....Are you actually saying you know Stephen??? If so, it's just really great!! I'm just a type of "friend" of his...Have just decided to put my nose where I'm not supposed to! lol...

Well if I call Stephen "FEZ"...is he suppose to remember some kind? :o)

• 11 months later...

Hello,

This person lived in Netherfield, born in 1950.....he went to the boy school and one of his mates was "Michael Fish...." something :) lol...sorry have not got better!

Anyway, feel free to post if you have any information!

Yes I remember Stephen . Used to go to school with him. As I recall he had a very bad accident on a motorbike and had to have operations on his legs .Last I heard he had emigrated to Australia . Other names were Fez and Charlie Ferret Anybody know where he is now ? Would love yo catch up

• 1 month later...

Yes I remember Stephen . Used to go to school with him. As I recall he had a very bad accident on a motorbike and had to have operations on his legs .Last I heard he had emigrated to Australia . Other names were Fez and Charlie Ferret Anybody know where he is now ? Would love yo catch up

HI DAGO. YES STEVE DEFO LIVING IN AUSTRALIA NOW. HAVE NOT HEARD FROM MARZIPAN IN A WHILE.

DID YOU GO TO NETHERFIELD JUNIOR WITH US OR JUST TO CHANDOS WITH HIM .

DAGO SOUNDS FAMILIAR BUT CARNT PLACE YOU AT THE MOMENT. THINK ITS CALLED OLD AGE.

I LIVED ON DEBIL ST UNTIL I WAS 12 THEN MOVED TO CAVENDISH RD.

HI DAGO. YES STEVE DEFO LIVING IN AUSTRALIA NOW. HAVE NOT HEARD FROM MARZIPAN IN A WHILE.

DAGO SOUNDS FAMILIAR BUT CARNT PLACE YOU AT THE MOMENT. THINK ITS CALLED OLD AGE.

I remember Stephen Merritt, alias Charlie Ferritt..ha..we lived on Deabill St, from about 1950 to 1964.

Yes I went to Ashwell Street Junior School before going to Chandos. Lived on Dunstan Street at the chip shop till I was 5 when it blew up then moved to Godfrey Street

Proper name is Roy Davies What's yours ?

Does anybody have any idea where Stephen is or is there an e-mail address

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I went to Ashwell Street Junior School before going to Chandos. Lived on Dunstan Street at the chip shop till I was 5 when it blew up then moved to Godfrey Street

Proper name is Roy Davies What's yours ?

Does anybody have any idea where Stephen is or is there an e-mail address

HI ROY

I VAIGLY REMEMBER YOU MY NAME WAS BARBARA CLEMENTS AND I WENT TO ASHWELL ST SCHOOL AND THEN TO CARLTON GIRLS SCHOOL. I LIVED ON ETHEL GROVE DEABILL ST. STEVE IS LIVING IN AUSTRALIA, MARZIPAN WAS A FRIEND OF HIS BUT THERE WAS NO PERSONAL E MAILS FROM STEVE HIMSELF. YOU COULD TRY SENDING HER A PERSONAL MESAGE VIA THIS SITE AND SHE COULD PASS MESSAGE ON.I WAS A FEW MONTHS YOUNGER THAN FEZ AND CARNT REMEMBER IF HE WAS IN MY CLASS OR THE YEAR BE FOR ME I LEFT ASHWELL ST IN 1962, AND MOVED TO CAVENDISH RD CARLTON IN 1963 AND LIVED THERE UNTILL I GOT MARRIED IN 1972. DO YOU REMEMBER PETE RIPPON PETER SUTTLEWORTH AND THE PARNHAM FAMILY WHO ALL LIVED ON GODFREY ST. I WAS ALSO A BIG BIKE FAN AND REMEMBER FEZ FROM HIS BIKEING DAYS.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Barbara

Yes I do remember your name. I went to Ashwell Street Junior School. Mrs Groves was my teacher. Then moved to on to Chandos. Yes I remember the Parnhams, and Pete Rippon. Also remember the Shuttleworth family . I bump into Pete Shuttleworth every now and again and see his Brother Rodney quite often as he works at B&Q in the kitchen department !! There was also a girl that lived opposite the Parnhams called Judith Oliver, I think. Also Ronnie Bee and his brother lived at the other end of Godfrey Street. Remember the chippy at the end of Deabill Street ? my mate Neil ( Chippo ) Goulding used to live there ...Who did you get married to? What school did he go to ? You never know we might know each other ! Anyway let me know if you hear from Stephen or Marzipan won't you

Cheers

• 1 month later...

WELL ILL TRY THIS AGAIN SOMEHOW LOST MY LAST POST .

HI ROY I MARRIED A GUY ALLED DAVE PIGGOTT WHO CAME FROM LENTON IN DEC 1972. DONT THINK YOU WILL HAVE KNOWN HIM BUT HE WAS A BIKERAND WE WERE ALWAYS IN THE WHITEHART PUB LENTON.I SEE PETER SUTTLEWORTHS SISTER ANN ABOUT ONCE A MONTH. JUDITH OLIVER WHENT TO LIVE IN AUSTRALIA HER MUM AND DAD AND SOME OF THE FAMMILY CAME BACK AND LIVED ON CAVENDISH RD. I THINK ITS ROY TREV AND DOUGIE BEE YOU ARE THINKING OF ,RONNIE BEE LIVED ON MANVERS ST WAS THEIR COUSIN

• 2 months later...

I remember Fez from GAY cafe days, which wasn't a cafe it was a youth club and the GAY was a complete misnomer as it was run by a charity under the banner of the Guild of Abstainant Youth (G.A.Y.) which was run by Harold Finch who's day job was if I remember correctly was road safety officer with the County Council.

Can remember Steve breaking down with his Norton on the M6 and he blagged a lift to St Helens with a tyre breakdown truck.

And the masterplan to recover the bike was for us to go up to St Helens in my minivan.

It was a bit of a struggle but by taking the front passenger seat out and the front wheel of the bike we got it in, the passenger seat was put to use for Fez to sit on cramped up in the back of the van, it was my van so I got the drivers seat!.

After this he owned an Ariel Square 4. I cannot remember what bike he had when he had the argument with the Hoveringham Gravels lorry on the bridge in Netherfield.

Barbara I also lived on Cavendish, I think Ray had a Grieves bike then, and I worked in the drawing office at Darnells.

• Upvote 1

Where abouts on Cavendish Road did you live Hilda ? (Top , middle or bottom ? ) I lived at the bottom for 35 years , my Mum is still there now, she's been there 55 years, or more , now.

HI HILDA

YES RAY HAD HIS GREAVES IN BLUE AT THAT TIME WE LIVED NEXT DOOR TO CHARLIE DENOON A BIT ABOVE YOU YOU MUST HAVE LIVED NEAR GEORGE BROWNS DAD A LAD CALLED DAVE LIVED IN THAT BIT TOO BUT CARNT REMEMBER HIS OTHER NAME HE WAS A BIKER TOO, ONE OF MY FRIENDS MARINA HAND LIVES ON THAT BIT TOO. OUR KATH WORKD WITH ROSE IN THE CANTEEN AT DARNELLS. ROSE IS WELL IN HER 90S NOW AND LIVES IN THE FLATS ON FOXHILL RD

Hi, yes I lived next door to George Brown and 3 doors up from Marina and Rita Hand.

My name is Dave Goode and I survived Kaths canteen food at Darnells.

You lived just about three houses away from my uncle George Hill I think.

Never passed my test on a bike back then, had a tiger cub and a 650 AJS with a double adult sidecar.

Just about to retire so have done my CBT and theory test and bought a little Yamaha to play on and hopefully pass my test so I can get something like an old Triumph 350 twin to potter about on.

I have been driving buses for the past 8 years and they are a lot less scarier than the Yamaha!

HI DAVE , JUST GONE BACK ON HEAR AFTER POSTING ON OTHER POSTAND I REMEMBERED YOUR SECOND NAME AND FUNNILY ENOUGH THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE YOU SMALL WORLD INIT. YES WE LIVED AT 233 AND MR AND MRS HILL AND LINDA LIVED AT 237 NEXDOOR BUT ONEIT WAS A BLOCK OF FOUR HOUSES DENOONS LIVED AT ONE END HILLS LIVED AT THE OTHER END ESTER AND STAN MARRIOTT AND ALL THE KIDS LIVED BETWEEN US AND THE HILLS.