• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I say Cob.

We had some friends stay with us recently. Hubby and the other man were plaing golf early the next morning. Hubby said to Bob, I'll knock you up at 7am. Next morning Bob joked that he daren't go to sl

Intitt koad?

Posted Images

• 2 years later...

We had some friends stay with us recently. Hubby and the other man were plaing golf early the next morning. Hubby said to Bob, I'll knock you up at 7am. Next morning Bob joked that he daren't go to sleep he was so worried about being knocked up.

• Upvote 3
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

My favourites are 'yowl koppit' - I haven't heard that in ages........

Also, my nana used to call me a 'little bogger' - that is only something you hear in Nottingham - I think.........

Having said that - I really thought that the Nottingham accent had almost disappeared completely - but was both pleased and horrified to hear it on a bus journey up to Ilkeston [illson]

I caught the bus from Stapleford to Ilkeston - about 9.15 - and as the bus got closer to Ilkeston and the age range increased to the 60+ - all I could hear was 'ayup me duck' etc etc.

I had to smile! - the Nottingham accent lives - although mainly in Ilkeston [Derbyshire]