Best wishes to the club in the T20 Finals at Hampshire's Rose Bowl on Saturday...

Top of the Championship too...could be a very successful season for (arguably with the exception of Hussey) a team devoid of 'stars', as the England bowling trio are rarely available.

Much credit to Chris Read for his captaincy,'keeping and batting...

Attended his well patronised benefit game at Car Colston on Monday evening, when most of the proceeds were handed over to two local charities. Would that other major sportsmen were so generous...

Cheers

Robt P.

I've been less than able to keep a check on Notts' fortunes this summer due to being busy but I'd just like to wish them good luck for tomorrow in the t20 finals at The Rosebowl. It has been an exceptional season thus far - particularly so in that they are thriving and flourishing in both the short and long versions of the game - simply outstanding, particularly with the 'stars' on call up.

They do the county of Nottinghamshire proud.

Notts lose the first game to Somerset (due to rain interruption) by 3 runs on a Duckworth-Lewis calculation.

D/L method notoriously questionable in 20 over cricket...

In the words of my late father-in-law, "Drat it!"

Somerset play Hants in the final.

Cheers

Robt P.