CSI, Channel 5, what the ***** all that about!

Anyone watching the new CSI shows? if not what's happening is we are now getting a "voice over" sometimes a woman sometimes a bloke describing what is happening on the screen, can only assume it's for "sight impaired" viewers? is there such a thing as "The Blind Channel"? I ask as recently had to retune tv, was bad enough when you got some deaf and dumb bloke or woman pulling faces and jumping about but this is crazy, might as well turn the radio on

Has you say you might as well turn radio on because apart from CSI, NCIS, the Mentalist and Numbers there’s nothing else worth watching.

But I feel I must pull you up here Ashley, those people who do the signing for the deaf and dump aren’t deaf or dumb themselves, they are very highly trained people with many years exsperiance in that particular field.

You might find if you re-read the manual there should be a button to press that will take the comentry off.

sue x

Yes my son has said similar, not yet found it! actually I must apoligize re wording of my posting, on re reading it comes across as if I'm having a go at deaf or blind people, heaven forbid I'm not, and I did realise the signers thus, it was meant more as a moan re the powers that be who decided we must have such (or so I thought)

I agree Ash

In this day and age, this feature could be turned on and off to cater for the minority that need it,

Also there is teletext subtitles on 888 as was,

I used to use that when I watched Rab C Nesbit

Actually (To throw a pedantic spanner in the works) Carol Morgan (she's the lady with the glasses and the penchant for older types of flowery paterned dresses who does some of the signing) is profoundly deaf.

I know this as it was my sister, who at the time was Nottinghams Audiologist, taught her how to sign 30 years ago when she was 12 (Carol not my sister)