Server dumped all our Files.

We are now under new hosting.

Files recovered up to 20/5/05

Still work to do on the board getting it back operational again.

Please bear with us...

Mick T

Guest Guest

:o Thank god we're back. It's been like living in limbo land or Oz.

:D Hi Ilko it's nice to have you back, missed ya mate.

:P Ilko how's Perigrine mate, has he really gone for good, or will he be back in the fullness of time when we on here get a little out of hand..

:angry: Does this mean now we are in the land of make believe once again that all my posts that i posted on here complimenting dicko and Angel-nottingham have gone. Do i really have to start all over again watching my Ps & Qs.

B) Nice one Mick, I think i can speak for everyone on here that contributes to this great forum that you have done a superb job on getting this site up and running in such a short time, nice one mate..Cheers..BiP...........

:rolleyes: That's better feeling wanted once again...mum said that one day i would have that feeling but wasn't quit sure what feeling she meant.....Bless her...............x

:angry: Blimy i've lost over 150 postings do i get a refund ???????

Yippee!!! Good old Mick2me he knows how to sort these things out. Gawd didnt realise how much I enjoyed reading all the C*** on here!! :lol:

Yeah Den ive lost a few postings mesen!

Hello bip, Smithylass, angi, caz, et al .. yes nice to be back, I've been very busy of late but have often popped in for a wee peep now and then to see how things were shaping up.. I hadn't disappeared completely..

I don't envy Mick trying to sort this lot out, personnally whenever my pc has gone pearshaped it's often taken me days to sort out, so I know how it is .. nowadays I use acronis trueimageâ„¢ and dump the whole lot onto six dvd's.. saves loads of hassle and stress, as well as preserving the hairline! ;)

BTY bip: the reference to peregrine don't ring any bells.. was he local? :unsure:

G'day Ilko :D

Was Peregrine local ?? you are having a larff my son :P

Guest Guest

No way you old slappers we want Ilko :P Who else is going to educate us in the way only he knows? He was away for a while, I thought he had run away to join the foreign legion :rolleyes: thank god he's back :wub:

Guest Posted on Jul 19 2005, 12:48 PM

No way you old slappers we want Ilko  Who else is going to educate us in the way only he knows? He was away for a while, I thought he had run away to join the foreign legion  thank god he's back 

:ph34r: That was sly of you Caz but you don't kid me, i've seen your IP number...

Daphne Posted on Jul 19 2005, 12:40 PM

QUOTE (ilkolad @ Jul 19 2005, 10:59 AM)

Hello bip, Smithylass, angi, caz, et al .. yes nice to be back   

aw no!.. is HE back then? .. me and Div were just enjoying a witty and convivial discourse, and then THIS happens!  .. can't we take a vote or something? .. there must be something we can do!.. come on guys let's stick together on this one, and get him booted! .. any seconds? 

:blink: Who are you referring to Daphne ? :blink:

ilkolad Posted: Jul 19 2005, 11:59 AM

BTY bip: the reference to peregrine don't ring any bells.. was he local? 

:rolleyes: Local, you could say that. "This is a Local shop for Local people we have nothing here for you.

:ph34r: Now ilko's at it. What must the neighbours think....?

Good to have the site back, I second Caz on the thanks to Mick for all his hard work in getting the thing up and running.

Nice to see Ilko back on site, I for one have missed him.

Did someone throw Daphne out of bed the wrong side yet again?? Has she no thought for those of us who admire the humour and wit of Ilko??

Happy posting.

A :rolleyes:

Hello Folks

I can already see some bugs which are just in Local settings.

i.e Guests can post.

The last database backup was 20/5/05.

Not possible due to the large amount of images posted.

There is a way to recount the stats posts users etc. just trying to sort that out now.

We may recover latest SQL database file prior to crash, aawaiting reply from

our old host.

If that hapens these posts will be overwtritten, dont post importantv stuff for a while.

Please report all bugs to me ....

I'm off to the ADMIN CP NOW...

With all this loss of digital data it actually begs the question as to how future generations will access electronic information.. from dvd- cd - harddrive? I don't think so, this media fails at an alarming rate, it's not even on a comparison with foolscap A4 with regard to efficient storage..

my guess is there's going to have to be a rethink.. maybe a vast rom chip situated somewhere out in space driven by solar energy, soaking up vast amounts of information from the likes of governments and the individual alike, whereby for a small sum one could store and access vast petabytes of information.. and when young snoop-dog asks what was it like in the olden days back in the year 2200, one could immediately access the the chip via satcom and maybe display it on a neuro_plasma display module which would be transplanted in the brain and displayed via retinal feedback onto the iris.. (or something of this nature).

"and this is grandpa Zak in his Zitroen picaZZo v49 lazer jet with ion hyperdrive.. how he ever managed to get up Trowell moor in that monstrosity I'll never know!"

good luck in sorting it out Mick.

Its just getting through all the Admin setting, of which as you know there are hundreds.

Current Bugs

All users are not shown on bottom of forum index

Guests allowed to post (permissioon masks)

My posts have been re set to zero,

Some stats are wrong

Its a new install of IPB with SQL backup from May uploaded

Waiting for old host sending me Current Mysql File,

If he can recover it.

Most of it is just time to go through it all.

Then we got Icons, Image upload folder to restore.

PHP Spell re install, Upload all ammended scripts...

I am sure I forgot other stuff as well?

Well thats the fun of this stuff...

Mick

It's no good Daphne, your pleading & protestations are falling on deaf ears my dear Kiss

Ilko was here before you & Divinia for that matter,& as I'm a red blooded woman I much prefer to hear Ilko's rantings than yours. I think it's about time you both retired to the Lake District for a spot of fly fishing & Devonshire teas & leave Ilko to air his opinions on his own sorry

Guest smithylass

Do you know its wonder this board ever got off the ground ;)

Can we not all agree to disagree?

What a boring world it would be if we all liked the same people...

its bloody hard work running this sort of board...i know i have the same one...

i am sure the last thing "the boss" needs is sarcasim...and plain silliness...

now group hug...ouch not that tight Friends

Hi Smithylass.. and a happy birthday!

I agree with you entirely, yours is the true voice of reason within this mad mad forum.

Daphne has always been a thorn in my side with her smarty_pants comments, often making me look a such a Fool as I try to post relevent topics of interest - fairies at the bottom of the garden etc!

maybe best if we totally blank her, then with a bit of luck she may just go away..

now where was I? ... oh yes! ..

I see the price of tin has gone up on the Dow Jones!, and what about those insurgents in the Sudan? not to mention the promotion of Humphrey Berwhistle to chief quality control inspector at balloons_R_us ! .. so many topics of interest. if only Daphne would leave us alone it would be a much saner forum for us all!

... fingers crossed - maybe one day! :)

Vampire Me thinks Ilko as lost it this time, split personallity me thinks, taken to many Blue one's and been reading Harry Potter books again.. Friends

Vampire Mick too is getting there. With all the preasure on him at this moment in time, what with the site going down and dealing with these double gangers, it's enough to send anybody over the top. Luckely i'm the sane one on here..

Vampire Is it me or do anybody else have the same problem as me. I just don't understand all this technical stuff. You can talk about it all day long and i still won't understand you. So carry on the mumbo jumbo i'm not listening... tease

Kiss Hello Caz.

WOW! fantastic,were back on. I was starting to get serious withdrawals.

Nice to hear from a few that haven't been on for a while--Ilko+Daph, but where is Perri?

Thanks Mick for getting it sorted,hope you didn't have too many sleepless nights.

Finally a big hiya to the rest of ya. yahoo

Friends Me too Angi also some headaches as well, unless it was because i was taking the little green ones with alcohol that might be it..

Vampire Perri done a runner just before the site went down, i have my suspicions that he might have something to do with the crash. IMO. disclaimer from any backlash, from the neurotics on here........... crazy

Kiss Hello angi

tease These smilies are great better than posting images lets have more of them. Didn't someone say on here before the melt down that the posters on here are only interested in seeing how many smillies they could post in one topic than actually what they were saying in their post.. yippy.. tease tease tease tease tease tease tease tease tease tease tease tease tease tease tease