Does anybody else suffer insomnia as bad as I do?

Was wide awake again early today.

Is it that my body clock is faulty, maybe new batteries are called for?

I’ve tried all the propriatry branded night time drinks but they don’t help any, all they do is make me put on weight.

Anywhere between three to five hours is all I need and then I’m buzzing about the house vacuuming, dusting and washing any dirty pots that we were idle enough to leave at supper.

Since knocking the night time malty drinks on the head we have started to have the odd glass of wine, but even that dosen’t exstend the period I am asleep.

Any suggestion to how without taking sleeping tablets I can have an extra hour in bed.

Sue x

If you actually get to sleep all right and you feel well when you wake perhaps it isn`t insomnia. Perhaps you`re getting the sleep your body needs.

I must say I`m impressed at your activity when you do get up. You must have a pristine house!

The thing is with housework - you can dust and polish and scrub and sweep and have everything looking great and six months later it all needs doing again!

Tchah!

Any suggestion to how without taking sleeping tablets I can have an extra hour in bed.

Sue x

Eat a large slice of birthday cake,guaranteed to make you sleep soundly...Our Albert will bring some round for you...

Take some DVD's of England playing in the world cup to bed and play them. You'll get the nickname "Rip Van Winkle"

If you actually get to sleep all right and you feel well when you wake perhaps it isn`t insomnia. Perhaps you`re getting the sleep your body needs.

I must say I`m impressed at your activity when you do get up. You must have a pristine house!

The thing is with housework - you can dust and polish and scrub and sweep and have everything looking great and six months later it all needs doing again!

Tchah!

Yes I do feel as if I've had enough sleep.

I have even tried going to bed late, staying up reading or if there is a good film on watching that to the end and then going, its no good, I'm awake again after the four hours are up.

I was over emphasising on the vacuuming and dusting part.

Sue x

She could always try waking up "hubby" for a bit of the other - nudge, nudge, wink, wink!

• 3 years later...

I'm always up early this time of the year five O'clock this morning out at six for a two hour walk (about six miles)

Bran flakes with sultanas & raisins & a glass of tomato juice(with a dash of Worcestershire sauce) for breakfast.

I never go to bed before eleven.

I think the early part of the day is generally the best this time of the year. ;)

• 9 months later...

Such a miserable day yesterday weather wise,so never went out,went to bed early,consequently wide awake now since 1.30 am,normaly up at about 4am,so thought i'd have a look on here,............anyone there? lol.

Looks like you were on your own last night benjamin. There is usually one or two of us insomniacs and friends in foreign countries on line at various times in the night, but sadly for you we were all in the "Land of Nod" :sleeping:

• Upvote 2

I sleep very poorly and i am a worrier putting kids through uni is a nightmare!! Quite recently due to our very own Chulla, i listen to radio plays in bed!! It is relaxing me more- but i'm still giving the larks a nudge in the mornings!!

Thanks for your sentiments 'carnie' but all was not in vain,.........cousin Tomjack PM'd me. (see moving house)

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...