360 Club Bulwell

Funny when I think back ..a few very crisp pints in the Newstead.. Very clean pipes I must say!

Then up the road to the Railway..Mansfield Bitter and a boogie...my Mum loved the odd jive with her youngest... Always mind yer' Mam.is what I say,...the night was some what spoiled then by greasing up at Phil's fish Bar...Queasy fish n chips!!

• 2 weeks later...

As far as

I know the club goes back a long, long way. I think I was told when I was a little 'un, that it was once run in the thirties by one Mr Staples. It was situated opposite the Bulwell library, ( another lovely old building ) I know Mr Staples went to live on Austin St, and I rememer my dad calling in at the Newstead for a pint, or two, after work, as we also went to live on Austin St. Remember Bulwell Voluntary School? Went there for a short while before moving on.

After a few snowballs in The Golden Ball..wobble down Henrietta Street and into the 360...never any bother.

The Builders in Sneinton was a magic place as well...subsidised beer- cheese n onion baps..and a game of dommies "sixes about"!!

Never did the 360,but remember they had a good football team in the the 60s an old schoolmate of mine played for em 'Tony Clayton' great little centre forward............as regards the Railway club,all my older relatives were members from its beginnings,and i was a Barman there 63 to 65,great nights white coat and dickie bow compulsary and the one and only Ken Breward was the Steward (ex railway guard) other Bar staff i recall at that time Colin Simpson,Joyce and Don Richards,Margaret Harrison..................very happy days...............

• 7 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Welcome Robert. If I'm not  mistaken we've also exchanged messages about singles  by 'The Nerve', on Youtube, where I  appear under my real name.