I don't really know why i'm writing this but I've got to get it off my chest somehow and in the present circumstances this is the only place i know. Yesterday my 8 year old daughter was hit by a car while crossing the road and the first thing we knew about it was when a near neighbour was banging on the front door to inform us. Now i know what the first thing to go through your minds would be " shouldn't you be keeping a closer eye on them" and i totally agree with you but how much can you wrap kids up in cotton wool? We don't live in a city or a town but its close to both, but its still the kind of place where you can let your kids go out on their own. I'm not laying blame on my daughter or the car driver but believe me there is nothing worse in your life than holding one of your children whilst you are waiting for the emergency services to arrive, it's not something i would put my worst enemy's through. The good news is my daughter will learn by her mistakes even if it is the hard way. I guess what i'm trying to say is when your right foot is feeling a bit heavy think twice about it.

P.S.

I feel so much better for getting this off my chest, it is also not a sympathy post it is pure and simple as the title thread says.

P.P.S

I don't mean do be disrespectful by the above I just don't want it to happen to you.

Rob - you have my best wishes. I hope she is O.K. and will be back terrorizing the house as soon as possible. Don't worry - almost everybody who has a child has been there - I know I have! And I totally agree - you can't keep them wrapped in cotton wool - sooner or later they have to learn on their own.

Keep us posted on the progress!

My thoughts are with you Rob, keep us posted on her condition, hope she gets well soon..

My thoughts are with you Rob, keep us posted on her condition, hope she gets well soon..

My thoughts are with you all hope she gets better soon

Kat

Sorry mate , I missed this (Been away for a couple of days)

All the best to your little 'un and of course you and your family, my thoughts are with you matey.

Rob T

I echo all of the above - it is certainly something that all parents dread, but fortunately, few experience. I feel for you and your family, especially your daughter.

One thing is for sure, she will be older and wiser. There are many that didn't make the first part of the latter sentence.

Anyway, I know it's a bit maudlin', but hope she gets better soon.

Best regards

Mark

First of all i'd like to say thankyou all and i'm sorry for the late reply. My daughter came out of hospital on friday, stitchers in one leg and the other in plaster and the odd scrape and bruise on her body but she'll get better and the most important thing is " it could have been worse". We all went for a walk today and what a joy it was to see the rest of the brood arguing over whose turn it was to push the wheelchair. It's got to be the first time i've not told them to stop shouting. Thank you again for the messages and i'm sorry for not being on here sooner but i did have a good excuse. As you say Marked, unfortunately there are some who don't get to be wiser.

Rob.

Good to hear Rob!